In-System Jumps to Planets / POIs

Nerge

Suggestion

This is one for long down the road perhaps, but one of my favourites parts about exploring in Avorion is seeing some of the planets and spacescapes when jumping into new systems and I really hope the variety and complexity of what you find in each system can be added to over time.

With that said, it would be cool to one day be able to visit planets and other more distant places of interest in a system up close; probably via some in-system jump would be most realistic and achievable, like in Eve Online.

Imagine warping to a planet's upper atmosphere and visiting / attacking a station or placing your own there while seeing the spectacular sights below you and even seeing traffic coming and going from the surface (even if just simulated) or faction wars in orbit with the winner then bombarding the planet or taking control of it - lots of mission types, trade runs and fun possibilities there. :)

Here's one example I came across in-game, probably not that spectacular compared to what many have come across but I liked it and I'm sure there are many more: (large-ish image so in spoiler tags)

A429D278EA421ABB804A74251F74642DC4094F27

I'd like to jump to that planet one day. :)

2 answers to this suggestion

There's little point to expand the game world any further, so I highly doubt it will come to this point. There will likely going to be planetary hub stations, that would allow buying and selling commodities based on planet's environment type, but planets themselves do not worth the bother, when you have a million of sectors. As vast majority of suggestions go, it might be cool, but aside from that there's just no point.

• Boxelware Team
it would be cool to one day be able to visit planets and other more distant places of interest

While this would be really cool, you have to consider how much work it would take. Even when working full time on it, to get something like that right will take a lot of time. And that time should better be spend on making the existing game better. So as for now the devs have no intention of adding that into the game.

This, however:

There will likely going to be planetary hub stations, that would allow buying and selling commodities based on planet's environment type

is something that we definitely want for the game :)