[req] mob spawner/loot rate modifier to make the game harder.

cy414

any chance of getting a mod that will increase the number and/or size of enemy ships when they spawn based on the omicron rating?

it just seems like an easy way to cheese through the game at the moment is to build a big brick covered in guns and just stomp enemies with brute force.

so i was hoping there would be a way to get enemies to spawn, that feasibly would be sent against my ship(s).

especially where the xotan are concerned. the lore of the game hypes them up as some uber enemy, when my initial impression of them was "that faction gives better drops".

hopefully with an added bonus being, loot drop quality/rate goes down proportionately to the boost above normal of the enemy ships. a sort of built in "shouldnt you pick on someone your own size?" system.

I am not sure about drop rates, but harder spawns are definitely possible. You could replace the default pirate spawns in eventscheduler.lua (scripts/player) with my script and a few parameters.

This line:

{schedule = random():getInt(60, 80) * 60, script = "piratehunter", to = 560},

Could be replaced with:

{schedule = random():getInt(60, 80) * 60, script = "cmd/spawnpirates", arguments = {0, 5, 5}, to = 560},

This would spawn a wave of 5 pirates, with a volume scale multiplier of 5 over the default. The volume scale multiplayer will also increase their DPS.

or even

{schedule = random():getInt(60, 80) * 60, script = "cmd/spawnpirates", arguments = {0, random():getInt(3, 10), random():getInt(3, 7)}, to = 560},

This would spawn 3 to 7 pirates with a volume scale multiplier between 3 and 10.

thanks for the replies. thought about using that, but didnt understand how to make it work on all spawns, not just pirates.

since it was really the xsotan more than the pirates that bothered me. having this enemy be so weak just seemed odd when i found out what they where supposed to be.

i set the difficulty to 3 now for insane anyway. would there be issues if i set it to 4+?

• 2 months later...

any chance of getting a mod that will increase the number and/or size of enemy ships when they spawn based on the omicron rating?

I think the problem isn't about number and size. Generator just produces NPC ships that literally have energy cores, crew quarters and that vulnerable stuff uncovered  by an armor.

Players can build a functional ship and then just make a thin layer of crew quarters to make visibility of "windows" e.t.c.

NPC can't. Now NPC generator just makes interesting and sometimes beautiful ships and stations. But they're not functional, not optimized.

it just seems like an easy way to cheese through the game at the moment is to build a big brick covered in guns and just stomp enemies with brute force.

Well, what you said.. it's about ship design restrictions. You can build an armor over engines and trusters. That's bad but it should be fixed with mods, cause it seems that creators will not make restrictions, because the game will be a space simulator then and some of the players will just leave.

To adress the Xsotans, DarkPaapi made a mod that increases the Omicron of Xsotan inside the core. It also increases the firepower of faction ships to prevent the Xsotan from obliterating faction sectors as they spawn together in the core. http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,3317.0.html

With some modification this can be extended to the whole galaxy and the changes made to the files can also easily be applied to the other NPCs.

To make all NPCs bigger it's just a simple case of adding a volume multiplier to the appropriate scripts that generates them.