Scaling Question

Zerocool85

At first a quick Excuse for my English skills :P

I have a question about the Ship Building Scaling system i found out that if i build some Correction nozzles in 0.05 on an 1.0 part and mark every piece i can scale them furter down true holding one of the w a s d buttons.

So my question is does someone now how much this will impact my game or server performance ?

Performance depends on the number of blocks regardless of their size. A loaded sector already renders and calculates the behavior of dozens of thousands of blocks withing ships, stations and asteroids, so performance might be affected by increasing that number substantially. Another way is if you have thousands upon thousands of small blocks, that are destroyed in large numbers in some way, the calculations for collisions, rendering destruction particle effects, changes in block hierarchy of a ship and creating new entities for broken-off parts might overload the memory and cause severe FPS drops.

Using blocks below 0.1 scale is generally a highly questionable idea in general - they have limited impact on decorative quality and give little to no stats, easy to destroy even under Integrity Field Generators. In practice, you would barely find a viable ship in Avorion, that would need such an overkill level of detail.