Thruster modules

Tattypaleo

Suggestion

6 answers to this suggestion

I've also noticed the absence of upgrade modules that increase maneuverability.

However, I gather (not from direct evidence; just from little tidbits I've seen here and there) that the developers may already think we're able to build ships that are too maneuverable, especially larger ship designs. My 12.45 mll m3, 0.12 Mt superfreighter can turn and pitch .5 rad/sec, for example, and its thruster placement and size definitely isn't ideal.

I mean it is very easy to have a massive cap ship to turn like a fighter but for some reason Brake thrust is very very difficult to achieve only reaching about 10-20 m/s at best. While acceleration is over 100 m/s making it worthless to use the engine upgrades (unless you like to crash into everything).

The low brake thrust wasn't a huge problem in smaller ships, since I could just spin 180 degrees and come to a halt by applying main engine retro thrust.

Unfortunately Avorion's physics aren't quite Newtonian physics and ships constantly try to control themselves automatically, so in large ships, when I spin around and apply retro thrust to brake, I instead go off on a diagonal, even when I don't apply any thrust until the indicator bar is solid orange. This may also be the "drift" trait I've seen tooltips refer to.