Flying with flair (1st entry: Hibiki Maru, Going full manga in a WW2 Battleship)

OlFart

Hibiki Maru

Battleship, WW2 style

With all the sleek spaceships around, as well as the brutally functional blockier models, I decided I wanted to enter the core on my server with a bit more flair. Starting with a simple picture of the IJN Fuso for inspiration, I went full manga, installing a hangar bay midships and strapped a few thrusters and fins on the hull. I considered mounting 2 cannons in place of each turret and engage exclusively with broadside, but I let eventually decided on a more sensible (albeit less traditional) approach: I decided to simply skip the turrets, and instead replace the two front turrets with large slopes for mounting guns with a 180 degree forward arc, and using the rest of the ship's deck for more crew convenience and cargo storage. I kept the rudder and the smoke stack though; I couldn't strip the old girl of all her pride.

1U9UvA5.jpg

d1sixMJ.jpg

x4aP6Et.jpg

Not too happy with the stern. I may extend it into a longer and sleaker shape to match the battleships of old, and use the extra room for additional shielding generators. All in all though, very pleased. She's definitely an eye-opener, coaxing giggles and lols from even the most hardened captains.

Materials: Approximately 400,000 xanion for the guts, and some trinium for the exterior. (Xanium hull has gold patches. Unacceptable.)

Health: 125,000hp, 250,000 shield (before module chips)

Energy: 0.34TW (1TJ battery)

Cargo: 3600

Hangar: 43-350

Block Count: A bit under 700.

Gate Capable: Nope.

Weapon of choice: Cannons. Obviously cannons.

Built in creative: Pffft.... no. Live on The Holy Checksum.

Core Survivability Rating: 5/10 "I'm not dead yet, gaijin."