For those with the neverending loading screen error

General_Warfield

Okay so a select few of us may have encountered the infamous never ending loading screen error which covers the whole screen with the loading screen image and render the save file corrupted, at least when you try to delete it in your game it causes it to crash and the effect persists when you try to play the save file.

I have gotten it so much that I've restarted the game nearly 20 times already and have encountered the problem over and over again.

Well never fret as I have found a solution.

Basically when you get the error:

step 1: Quit Avorion manually, I play in a windowed resolution so I can just click on that little X button at top right of the window.

step 2: Open Task Manager and make sure you close all instance of the game as well as AvorionServer( Important). You might not see Avorion server first time through so close task manager and open it again. If it doesn't appear after a few times from doing this , It has auto closed itself.

step 3: Go to your save files located here: C:\Users\"your_name"\AppData\Roaming\Avorion and click on Galaxies.

step 4: Find your save file and I recommend making a shortcut to it and putting it on desktop.

step 5: Don't touch anything but the sector folder in the save. Take it out of the save and put it somewhere easily accessible. DO NOT COPY IT. Just take it out from the save folder.

step 6: (You might have to restart your computer) Now start Avorion again and play your save game. It should work and retain all your resources and inventory items but in a brand new sector and galaxy , and you've lost all your ships. Leave the game through the in-game menu and make sure it saves before taking you to the main title screen.

step 7: Quit Avorion and make sure that Avorion server is closed in task manager as well as any other thing Avorion related.

step 8: Open your save game and you should find a new sector folder has generated itself in your save. Delet it and reput your old sector folder into it.

step 9: Restart Avorion.

step 10: If you did all right, you should have a working save game again. Good Job. Now you don't need to go through what I went through.

Well I found yet another horrifying bug. If you save a game while being ina station, the game might completely go black with faint outlines of other ships with the HUD glitching out. Well if you get this (like me). You'll have to wait an hour for the game to self terminate and you save is completely destroyed. No more getting back all your gear and waht not. It's just gone, vaporised even.

and yes I'am starting my 21st run of this game. Sigh.