"reaction wheel" block

cy414

Suggestion

saw koonschi post something about looking for ways of improving rotation.

well, to steal an idea right out of real life, reaction wheels.

i thinking of a block that draws power, can be toggled on and off, and provides extra rotation.

but, it heats up with use(since reaction wheels convert kinetic energy to heat via friction to spin down). the heat % would also impact the rotational force.

ie at 50% heat the RW block would be reduced to 50% of its potential.

4 answers to this suggestion

I am not particularily fond of having another block. It gets too complex like this. Koonschi wants thrusters to work even when covered. Well, this is absurdly unrealistic, so my only way currently to think this "realistic" is that said covered block parts "are" kind of the gyros/reaction wheels. No need for another block type, really.

I am not particularily fond of having another block. It gets too complex like this. Koonschi wants thrusters to work even when covered. Well, this is absurdly unrealistic, so my only way currently to think this "realistic" is that said covered block parts "are" kind of the gyros/reaction wheels. No need for another block type, really.

I like your vision of covered blocks and I also share your opinion that gyros are largely unneeded.