[HS] Hyperion Systems

5URG3

Hello Avorions!

I'm 5URG3, some of you guys might know me and my ships from Space Engineers. Well, that game doesn't really work properly, so I've left for pastures new.

I'm really enjoying Avorion and I think I'm going to build quite a few ships so I thought I'd start a thread. I'm a little inexperienced with Avorion's Build Mode, but practice makes perfect right?

Ok, this is what I have so far:

My first ship I used at the start of the game:

3999CE8A3E4F4988FC2D385DB883201FD6CB0310

That was a bit ugly, so I built a new one, it's better, but still not great:

3E1556FD7B3EC7761C836919FDEF525D94263755

Third time lucky perhaps, here's what I built last night:

FBF527F7C8F35B0181720896ED26CF54C42D9704

I think I'm getting better, but I have lots more work to do.

Well, that's all I got so far, thanks for checking out my ships. Expect lots more soon!

Yup.  That third ship is looking good.  Nice details to add depth.  To get more life out of her you can extend the nacelles toward the front of the ship, extend the engines to maintain thrust to make up for the added mass, and load up the rest of the center of the nacelles with hyperdrive, generators, and shield enhancements.  She looks good though.  Thanks for sharing!

It's good to see a familiar workshop talent here. I left Space Engineers around the same time you did, there's something really irritating about having an update break half of your builds for the second time since you reinstalled the game.

Just as I finally reinstall the game and get ready to spam-post a bunch of corvettes onto the workshop, Keen has to go and break several. I've played that game since Summer of 2015 and that was the last straw.

Anywho, I hope they get Steam Workshop support going so we can try out your builds. Are you going to continue the Hyperion Systems line or are you going to start something new?