Windowed Mode Not Capturing Cursor

technitaur

Heh, I was actually going to ask how to solve this problem, but I just solved it, and I want to post this just to help other people who might have the same problem.

Avorion wasn't capturing my mouse cursor in windowed mode, so the cursor kept sliding out and clicking other windows and messing me up. This frustrated me greatly as I prefer to play all my games in windowed mode due to having a million things open at once.

If you have the same problem, try updating your video drivers! I just did that and didn't expect it to work, but now it seems to be capturing the cursor just fine.

... okay, that worked... briefly. Then I jumped a sector and it stopped working. I restarted the game, and it's still messing up. I'm at a loss.

I'm using Windows 7 with a GeForce 970 GTX and the game seems to refuse to want to keep the cursor when in windowed mode, leading to me clicking outside the window and screwing myself up. Anyone else have a solution for this? I was so happy when updating the drivers seemed to fix it, but five minutes later it started going wonky again.