2Billion cash fix + some other fixes

Zebra

Suggestion

1. Would like to be able to accumulate more than 2 billion credits (while some stations costs near half a billion, it seems silly that credits reset to zero soon after you go past 2 billion)

*edit 2.NPC-s docking to NPC or Player owned stations often breaks the docking ports (make them dock from further distance+make the docking ports regenerate)*edit dock regeneration resolved

3.Player Trading - either through direct interaction or through player stations

4.on harder difficulties the stations near starting area gets wrecked on harder difficulties - make starter sectors safe from pirates and xsotans

5.Jump Calculation Time - frustratingly long times with over 10 sectors jumps - either reduce it in general or add system upgrades that can reduce it

*edit 6.the thrusters update only boosted small ships , the bigger ships are even worse now , have to use about 1/3 of the ship on thrusters and that makes the ships ugly*edit gyros and dampners kinda solved it

7. fullscreen not working on newer graphics cards , 4k resolutions glitchy too

8.more colors and more vibrant colors , havent seen any black outside of creative mode , making the paint-kits available for purchasing in shipyards would be nice

9.more server options for hosting nondedicated server

10.need more smarter and several times tougher enemies

11. 64bit support would make huge difference (its not easy task but well worth it)

Thank you for this awesome game , good luck with the development !

2 answers to this suggestion

1. Didn't know about that limit, does sound a bit limitative.

4. Yeah, and/or make the Xsotan/pirate attacks less frequent. As it is, I've had Xsotan and pirates chain attack sectors for a fair amount of time even when still near-ish the starting sectors.

5. Agreed that jumping takes a fair bit of time. I don't find it that annoying when you're actually doing something in the sectors you are visiting, but exploration becomes rather painful when you have to wait a fair bit after something you cannot influence. Hyperspace cooldown can be improved though, so no complaint there.

6. That was how it was meant to be, although maybe not exactly to that scale, but Koonschi did want larger ships to "feel" slower.

8. Good idea with being able to buy some colors. Not sure I agree on vibrant, though. I find it hard to paint something and not have it look like some kid had a go at it with crayons. I'd actually like some colors with toned-down contrast and/or chrome effects and such.

10. More better, yes!

11. Sure, why not...

1. I think this is just to do with how the credits are stored, and I suspect the limit is 2³¹-1 = 2,147,483,647, the largest number you can store in 4 bytes = 32 bits if you want to also be able to store negative numbers. From my limited programming experience, I think it should be quite easy to change (it would probably need to be changed in loads of places, but presumably the IDE will help you find these) the data type (I think it's called 'int64', but I'm used to 'long' in Java), taking up 8 bytes = 64 bits and allowing numbers up to 2⁶³-1 = 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 (which should be way more credits than anyone could reasonably acquire or have use for).

2. On more than one occasion I've been rudely awaken from some head-scratching at a factory about stuff vaguely related to profit by a loud bang, which I instantly assume to be my ship being hit by cannon fire from pirates sneaking in to the sector. I rapidly leave as fast as I can, fearing for my precious ship, but once I'm a safe distance away I turn around to find that there are no pirates and my shields have not been touched, and only a cargo hauler is near the station. What I heard was the sound of the cargo hauler barging into the station, preferring to use it to slow down than engaging the reverse thrusters. It really shouldn't be hard to fix this.

5. YES. Just yes.

8. I just use the exploit whereby I paint my ship in creative mode then transfer it over... Given the huge number of colours available, it could take weeks to find them all, and it's not something I find enjoyable. Maybe we should be able to buy them from the paint factories which already exist?