Game is to easy, can I change server difficulty?

Avitus12

So not knowing how easy this game is, I was expecting a good fight late game so I set my server to difficult... big mistake, I should have set it to Insane... though I get the feeling even Insane will be far to easy considering how easy it is currently.

I have seen a server command that is suppose to up the difficulty but I cant get it to work, this is the command. (/difficulty [value] difficulty of the server, allowed values are: -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3 Default: 0)

Has anyone had any luck changing this?

Maybe I can changing it in an ini?

Who else thinks this game is to easy late game?

Also is it true that the difficulty only chainges enemy damage and not there health or size?

Lol mod it! I have. I made xsotan go from 0.5 to 1.85 scale power, I also made my own xsotan spawns in alien attack.lua, I even have a size 10! I also buffed up pirates, pirates also have triple the fire power and xsotan have 4x the guns now.

Let me tell you.. game not so easy now haha.

Nearly max distance I started and had an xsotan ship over 12k hitpoints and 250 fire power. I been having a much better experience.

Mod in alienattack.lua, xsotan.lua and pirate generator.lua. Want it tougher make the enemies terrifying :)

Only changing the number in settings won't help too much. Because what we need to counter it is just to build an even bigger ship.

AI ships don't use tactics and don't adjust their engage distance even they are using long range weapons. They won't group up before engaging. They won't focus fire.

It's more of an AI re-design issue other than numbers changing. Unless we limited ourselves in some ways, otherwise the current AI ships are never a challenge.