Leather to raw oil and other ideas

TitusAres

Suggestion

So on my own server I have been playing a lot with the economics of the game, so far it has been fun and rewarding. There are still several "dead ends" in the factory chains that end up with final products that go no where. The ones that jump out are books, jewelry, and leather. There are also several starting goods that can not be produced in the game as well, mostly raw oil and coal being at the top of the list. I did add coal mines to my game from claimed asteriods but I have been thinking about leather and its use. One idea was to make it a requirement to make books, a leather cover for the book but ecomically that would make producting books more expensive that what it can be sold for. So i thought about what is leather in the game, it is animal by product for the meat factory. After a small amout of searching the web I saw several companies using animal byproduct from slaughterhouses to product synthetic oil. So a new factory idea would be a synthetic oil factory. This factory would take some multiplyer of 2 leather and 1 energy cell to create one raw oil. thats roughly 80 credit profit per unit. I feel that this would be balanced and solve 2 current issues in the game. Let me know what you think and other ideas for other dead end goods. 

3 answers to this suggestion

I am agree with that. I would add Gas Collectors (Oxygen, Hydrogen, Nitrogen). Nobody mentions this station, could you confirm if you are able to found this one? Because I can't and I think this is not implemented, too. Oxygen is the base for many factory chains and I would like full autonomy in my controlled sector.