Tanis Shipyards Inc

OnePercent

Hi guys, Below is something i've been working on last week, but due to uni this week only could finish it off today

Destiny from SGU

FFrYH5Bh.jpg

tBpKDR0h.jpg

jVHqT0Mh.jpg

LXGqlNwh.jpg

UPDATE: XML File released here: http://www.filedropper.com/destiny73

Have fun! The interior is still mostly hollow but I think i've justified it with a very powerful shield so there's still room for you guys to improve it.

would take around 2000 crew to run it, so maby i'll scale it smaller, Atm I think it is 3 or 4 kilometers long.

EDIT: Crew requirement.

I was asking because even with mirroring, you'd need to manually place at least half of those. The time investment in this thing must be crazy. But I have to congratulate you on getting it to look like that, that's some massive attention to detail to get cubes and triangles to look so smooth.

I'm not too worried with performance issues. Yeah, filling it with crew at that scale would be a major pain, but nothing's stopping you from scaling it down some. (unless you used some very small blocks, then there's that stopping you from scaling it down while still looking so good.)

I wonder how it would perform once crewed. Looks like it could be mobile, that design naturally has some width and length to it so you could probably get some good leverage with smart thruster placement.

Thank you! really appreciate your kind words, i've also checked out your ship and I put my personal favourite on your SW-301 Design, Good work!

I plan to make more designs, whilst improving on existing designs, From user suggestions.

Only 700 crew? for something 3-4km long? What, my ship requires something of the 1000 crew and its not that big (I must be doing something wrong)

I made a mistake, it's probably 2 thousand crew. I haven't even filled the inside yet.

Oh Oh OHW MY GOD!!!! this loks so awsome, detailed en precise!!

I'm a fan of all stargate series but this makes me itch to watch them all again!

I have never actually gone to the core, dint even get further than xanion but now I can say that 'Destiny' is calling me to get to the core :D

Thanks mate for the XML file, Deffinitly going to ply with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so... Here's the Skinny.

I cranked up my own server for our Gaming group. Found this Monster here in the forums. Just off of the looks alone, I downloaded the XML. Jacked it up with some upgrades and a few turrets. It was originally too large for my play style, so I found the Seven Parsec site where you can scale your ship, either up or down.

http://www.seven-parsec.net/index.php?site=avorionscaler

Dropped this beast to 50% and re-did the XML install. NOW!!! It is a GOD! I sheared off the top half of the rear box area. and was going to Mirror/flip the thing to have essentially a double hull, one top, one bottom. Joined at the box area. Server didn't like that at all. TOO MANY BOXES!!! LMFAO. Crashed my own server trying to do that.

It is fast, maneuverable and effective. Oh, and did I mention.... GORGEOUS!