Docking

LordMaddog

Suggestion

One of the most annoying things in this game is docking!

Don’t get me wrong I love the feature adds a lot of immersion that’s really nice. But in its current form it just doesn’t work.

We all know this the real problem is why doesn’t it work?

Well after thinking about it and messing with it for a long time I finally figured out why.

1 your ship can be right notched up against the docking port and still register as a kilometer away.

2 While docked and the interface is up you or the station can float away from each other resulting in you having to dock three or four times to finally complete your business at that station.

3 your ship is extremely vulnerable while interacting with the station.

These three things are the main problem from what I’ve seen and here’s my solution.

1 every ship no matter how small must have a docking port to dock. This docking port will be registered as the exact point of interaction. So to dock your docking port and the stations docking port must line up and be close to touching each other.

2 When the player holds down the hotkey to dock currently F a golden beam of energy will attach the two ships together forming one entity so it’s impossible for them to float apart.

3 when the ships become one entity their shield’s and HP pool combined together dramatically reducing the players vulnerability.

To undock the player presses Ctrl+F closing all interfaces and resumes life as normal.

If these three simple changes were made it would completely fix this glaringly unknowing bug.

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet