Ubuntu 16.10 Glitchy Skybox

johnnyboyy

CPU: AMD FX-8370E

GPU: Radeon RX480

I usually play on my windows partition, but I thought I'd give it a shot once I saw it works on Ubuntu. The games loads/starts fine other that having a glitchy background/skybox. I tried F9 on the menu screen to see if there were any that weren't glitchy, but no luck.

Example: http://imgur.com/a/4tvY6

Looks like this is the problem line here in the log:

Thu Mar  9 09:27:57 2017| GL DBG: HIGH TYPE_ERROR API 2: GL_INVALID_ENUM in glMatrixMode(mode)

It's printed a few thousand times haha

$ lshw -c video:

*-display               

description: VGA compatible controller

product: Hawaii PRO [Radeon R9 290/390]

vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]

physical id: 0

bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0

version: 80

width: 64 bits

clock: 33MHz

capabilities: pm pciexpress msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom

configuration: driver=radeon latency=0

resources: irq:31 memory:c0000000-cfffffff memory:d0000000-d07fffff ioport:e000(size=256) memory:fe900000-fe93ffff memory:c0000-dffff

clientlog_Thu_Mar__9_09-27-44_2017.txt

You don't happen to have a copy of the driver archive, do you? For whatever reason, the download I get from AMD is unrecognized (corrupted?). I'll try restarting as well and see if that helps. It seems to be an issue with the file I downloaded since I can xz and unxz files just fine. I'll reply if the restart helps

No luck with restarting. I tried downloading the ubuntu version on Windows as well, but 7zip tells me the same thing, it's not an archive. I also tried on my laptop and same issue. Weirdly enough, the CentOS/RHEL work fine, and are larger archives.

I'm 99% sure the driver will correct the issue here though. I just need to be able to get my hands on it haha

• Boxelware Team

I already deleted it, but it was a different gpu anyway. I used lspci to find out what type of gpu it is and filled out the survey to "manually select" the driver on the above linked page. From there it gave me the option to download a .tar file which worked fine for me.