Disappearing objects?

HappyPants

My ship will randomly disappear and there is no way to get it back. I then have to restart in a new universe.

I get the OpenGL warning when I launch because of my onboard Intel, but I have the game running through my Nvidia card so that shouldn't be a problem

Noticed objects when they change mass in some way like being built on or destroyed will vanish for a moment and than reappear a moment or two later when using Intel.  Needless to say it is rather annoying.  The Larger the object the worse it gets.

• Boxelware Team

That's probably the ambient occlusion calculation. I can't reproduce the behaviour neither here nor at Philipp's machine, but as a workaround you can disable ambient occlusion it in the graphics settings.

I'll try and get OBS up and running when able.  Meantime I'll see if the bug will show up willingly in screenshots.  Seems to happen a lot when the ships are over a certain mass but under a certain mass.  Not sure of the range as of yet but the more blocks you have not of the default shape the more likely it is to happen from what I've noticed.  I'll see if I can scare it into doing it again. :)

In the first one the ship was invisible from the start when I was working on it the other day. 

UiYwFaj.png

In the second screenshot I figure out I could spam blocks until it revealed itself and if it got below a certain block count maybe it vanished again. 

XVIVrIm.png

In the third I did the spamming again but even if blocks aren't placed it seems trying to place blocks but not being able to can also cause the ship to show up again.  For ships it seems to happen most often under a certain size or number of blocks not totally sure.

SEGulf2.png

Also side noticed having the window any less than 1600 X 900 causes a large number of bad things to happen to the menus and such.  In Windowed Mode the click locations are off and it doesn't fit. XD