Stuck on "loading singleplayer" screen

jupiter878

Whenever I start my computer back up, I have to reinstall the game; I've had this occur to me twice in a row now. And after reinstalling the game, whenever I try to go back into my old save file, the game would just get stuck in the "loading single player" screen. And by stuck, I mean it would still display that screen after leaving my computer alone for 4 HOURS and then coming back, with no error message whatsoever.

First time this happened, I created a new save file and transferred the components of my old save file onto it until I found out what was causing the issue - "globals". Deleting that file from my original save or overwriting it with another "globals" from another save seemed to fix it, and I could play again. This time, however, neither deleting it nor overwriting it with "globals" from another save game worked, and I am completely at a loss as to why this seemingly same problem has a different solution, if any. My last serverlog is down below, and my computer specs are:

Processor: Intel® Core i5-4269U CPU @ 1.40GHZ  2.00GHZ

Ram: 4.00GB

I was playing with steam on online mode as well.

Information, requests on more details, and solutions to any of the problems are welcome. Send help :'(

(Oh, and starting a new game works perfectly. It only stops for my old save file.)

(Also, in the logs, "대상 컴퓨터에서 연결을 거부했으므로 연결하지 못했습니다" means something like "Failed to connect because the target computer rejected the connection".)

serverlog_Sat_Mar_04_10-02-22_2017.txt

• Boxelware Team

You are not able to edit globals and index, as they are binary files. Try rerunning it with the additional option "-t all" (without quotes) and post the log, it might tell us more.

• Boxelware Team

No, it's a launch option. Right-click on Avorion in Steam, go to properties and in the tab that opens up there is a button "set launch options". Put that in the line that will show and start the game.

• Boxelware Team

Did you try to delete the index file (maybe make a backup version just in case this does not help)? It seems the client tries to recreate the index file and somehow can't. It might help to just delete it and leave the player save files intact. A new index should then be generated according to the player save files.

I've also been having this problem, but for a different reason, I believe. I'm pretty sure it's because I've been hoarding turrets and system upgrades with the intention of sitting at a research station at some future time and just smashing them all together; I have somewhere around 4-5,000 of them combined, and my player save file is 3,365KB.

I was running into very slow loading/crashing for a while, and thought it was from an error in my log file about not connecting to 0.0.0.0 over UDP. I went through and allowed all UPD connections to the server process and the game process, and sometimes the game will randomly finish loading. This however is about one out of twelve tries, and takes at least ten minutes to actually load if it does work; otherwise it will sit at the loading screen for hours like the OP stated.

I thought it might be from exploring too many sectors in my galaxy at first, the save file was over 1.2GB, so I made a new game (which was able to load and run just fine) and moved my player_1.dat file over and immediately was unable to successfully load.

So, is there a way to go in and remove a bunch of turrets/upgrades from outside the game? I'm not willing to write this save off.

Hmm, it might actually be the same reason; I was farming the AI boss and had a ton of turrets and system upgrades - I was THIS close to getting a legendary trading upgrade :( - before the problem happened the second time, and my player_1 file was also at 3006KB at that point. I have no idea how to remove stuff from your inventory from outside the game though.

Actually, Wiawyr, could you tell me the specs of the computer you had Avorion on? I want to have a better idea on how much this was related to computer specs, if the number of upgrades and turrets was related to the issue.

i5-2500k currently at 3.3Ghz, 24GB RAM, GTX 980, installed on a SATA2 drive, running Win7 64-bit.

I finally, finally got the game to load after 4 hours tonight, and my ship was destroyed because the server was running while my client wasn't loaded and pirates had killed me. I loaded in to my tiny drone floating in space, having lost everything on the ship. I freaked, raged, quit, and copied over my backup save, but now things are weird and the server log is showing activity in sectors I wasn't in.

Okay, yeah, it's definitely the inventory. I was able to get in after a further couple of hours, I immediately went to a vendor and sold all my petty/common upgrades and almost all my common turrets, combined a lot of others, and ended up with about 1.4k turrets/upgrades, and now I can load the game reliably.