Server crash

Pfann

German / on end english

Hallo.

Mein Server lief 2 Tage sehr stabil ( waren bislang nur zu 2t )  anschließend habe ich mit Mods alles kaputt gemacht. Danach war alles instabil.  Also habe ich den kompletten Server erneut mit steamcmd installiert.

Nun zum Problem. Sobald jemand den Sektor wechselt sei es per Warpgate oder per Sprung, es macht keinen unterschied der Server rotzt ab.

Ich habe hier mal paar fehlermeldungen die mir in der Console erscheinen  ( Linux Server )  ( Beta version)

Diese Meldung wird regelrecht in der console gespammt

Warning, can't keep up, skipping 1 frames...

zusätzlich bein starten

Error initializing server command line input interface: assign: Operation not permitted

Listed server version: 0.10.5.7633

[s_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

und diese Meldung kommt wenn er abgestürzt ist

An exception occurred: Callback from scene (222:394) to receiver in scene (227:390)

p2ptransportchannel.cc(868): worker_thread_ == talk_base::Thread::Current() @ OnReadPacket

p2ptransportchannel.cc(868): worker_thread_ == talk_base::Thread::Current() @ OnReadPacket

Hello,

My server was running 2 days none any crash or problems. But i destroyed the server with mods, so i installed a new one via steamcmd.  The server is running instable and crash if anyone use the warpgate or hyperjump.

Here some error messages.

This one is a spam in the console

this one comes after start

Error initializing server command line input interface: assign: Operation not permitted

this message is coming if the server is crashed

An exception occurred: Callback from scene (222:394) to receiver in scene (227:390)

• Boxelware Team

Can you please post the complete logs (server and a client log just to be thorough). It might help us figure out which package is causing this, or if it is maybe a connection thing instead of a data stream thing.

German / on end english

<snip>

My server was running 2 days none any crash or problems. But i destroyed the server with mods, so i installed a new one via steamcmd.  The server is running instable and crash if anyone use the warpgate or hyperjump.

Here some error messages.

This one is a spam in the console

this one comes after start

this message is coming if the server is crashed

Avorion uptime at time of posting is > 3 days and running pretty well.  I think I've allocated way too may threads (128 - heh), and may reconfig for something more reasonable like:

(( MaxUsers * 2 threads ) + foo%)

or

((14*2)+4) = 32

I've had much higher threads enabled, but mostly they just sit there consuming cycles and nothing else.

One item which seems to help a bit for me is after starting the server, renice the process to -16 and its children to -2, just to prioritize things a bit.

Still playing with tuning the thing, but current server info is available here:

https://www.mutant.enterprises/display/AFR/Server+Info

Here is a graph of server side Frame Skipping on my server for the past 24 hours. Seems pretty random and intermittent, and rarely exceeds 1 or 2 now, a few times per hour.  Generally worse when far away out of region players are on.  I've seen the frame skipping get a lot worse than this with Steam Networking enabled.  ;) 

FreeRealms-frameskipping.day.png