Turret Rarity and Materials

Rikkstar

Hi guys,

Just trying to work out the relationships between Turrets/Materials and Rarity.

Is a common Avorion turret better than a legendary Iron turret? or is it literally down to the damage stats on the turret itself and the material etc... doesnt make any difference?

Should I be equipping all Ogonite or Avorion turrets or just going for turrets that give me the highest Omicron. Thanks for your help.

the material of the turret only matters for mining and salvage turrets (but you probably already new that)

as for armed turrets its all about damage and fire rate

i have a iron chaingun the out classes any of the other chainguns i have found, and similarly i have 2 rail guns from a boss that have the exact same stats apart from one is xanion and one is titanium.

omicron is easy to calculate just do the damage x fire rate.

but the highest omicron isnt always the highest dps

one set of rail guns i made have 4k omicron where as another has half that. but the ones with less also cool down a lot quicker so in a proper fight when i actually use them all until they over heat the ones which do half the damage end up firing more then twice as many shots

when it comes to rarity generally the rarer ones will be better. but again not always due to RNG

i spent a while and made 77 of the same exceptional turret to research well 75 to research and 2 to keep

the 75 i turned into 15 exotics and them into 3 legendarys out of those 3 only 1 of them was better (over all dps) then the exceptionals they were made from

Awesome, that is perfect. thanks. TBH I wasnt sure about the materials.. thought there may have been a multiplier or something like only avorion turrets damage avorion ships @ 100%.

But now I know to go off the raw stats :D THANKS

Neat fact: Watch your enemies omnicron rating as higher firepower enemies means they are carrying either A) More weapons, B) Better stronger weapons than normal. The reason to watch for this is cause you get their weapon drops if your lucky.

I got a 5.5k onmicron railgun from a 100k firepower xsotan lol .. and he had even stronger weapons!

A neat way to know how good his weapons are is when you destroy a turret, watch how much firepower drops and say it drops by 2k and he actually drops that weapon.. it should be a 2k firepower weapon. This is insane mode also since its 100% fire power rating on enemies.

Other difficulties is much harder to know since its not 100% anymore. Just thought it was a neat thing lol.

As for the question, It doesn't seem to matter the material for potential output on weapons.. just makes it limited to only be placed on that type of material or better on your ship. 

As for the question, It doesn't seem to matter the material for potential output on weapons.. just makes it limited to only be placed on that type of material or better on your ship.

That's an interesting thing, by the way. So basically that means that:

- researching trinium weapons at 47-tech-level research station

and

- reseraching avorion weapons of the same quailty on the same station

would yield (on average, of course) same potential quality 47-tech-level weapons, and the only difference would be required placement material?

That would make low-material weapon turrets much more valuable! good.

This seems a little wonky to me. I think it would make more sense if the stats were tied more tightly to material.

For example:

Xmin-Xmax possible damage range

Split this into the seven material teirs to get a range of possible damage for that teir

Then within each teir split it again into rarity teirs. Maybe reserve legendary as a special case that will always pull from the next mateiral teir (make a ghost teir above avorion)

That way an uncommon turret will always have better damage than a common for the same material, how much will vary, but it will never be less.

Similarly, a trinium exotic will have much better stats than a naonite exotic. But a naonite legendary might just come out on par.

Do the same for all the stats.

Material does have an effect, but so does tech level, rarity and so do other modifiers (ie +30% hull damage can greatly increase a weapon's potential)

ie if two turrets are the same type, tech level and rarity but different materials then on average the one made out of the better material will do better dps

if you use the server commands mod to spawn in weapons of the same type, tech level and rarity, you'll find the Avorion ones are generally better than iron ones.

The thing is that material is only one factor, tech level, rarity and modifiers have a major impact too.

Another point, omicron isn't the best indicator of the actual adjusted dps of a weapon, get a mod to show the actual dps ;)

Must admit I've not looked at tech level when reasearching and what effect it has on what comes out.

Tech level seems to have a major impact on the weapons potential in the rngesus .. I am finding tech 55 in my modded 60 max tech game. Boy what potential these weapons have had over tech 45 stuff. It feels the higher the tech the even greater potential it becomes not in a linear fashion. Finding 3k dps plasmas at rare quality with no added bonuses lol. But also 1k dps plasma same tech levels and rarity. I quite like the size of the range and potential.

Makes finding stuff so much more interesting :).. although enemies use these weapons against you also so it hurts a lot lol