Late game base interactions with AI

xuichinox

Suggestion

I've been really enjoying the game so far, havent really found anything about the game I think has to be changed and I think the dev is doing a remarkable job.

While I was wandering around I thought about the ai captains only being able to work in the sector as the player. This seems like a good idea from a server point of view I can imagine it would take a lot of effort for servers trying to run ai ships from sector to sector for each player in the game. I thought thematically it makes sence that someone piloting a ship wouldnt be able to command entire fleets of ships from across the galaxy.

What if there was a late game option of building a space station that can control a sector in place of a player making your ships in the sector be able to do tasks like protect your base from pirate/alien or faction raids, collect some sort of loot from the destroyed ships which appear in the players inventory and a message saying Pirates have assaulted our sector (coordinates) they have been eliminated and we salvaged such and such.

Maybe some sort of additional blocks to send ships on set trade routes with trade routes to farther away sectors taking more of these blocks in your station.

It would also be benificial to have a server setting to disable the feature as i think it would be lag inducing on largely populated servers.

I'm not expecting that its a task the dev would jump on as it would probably require a tonne of work to make functional I just thought I'd share the idea and see if it inspires anyone.

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet