Bug Report: Cannot connect to singleplayer server

jakabrak

I have seen a few threads in the depths of bug reports and google about similar issues, but none of the fixes stated there have bore any fruit for me .

Firstly, my computer specs:

Windows 10; Nvidia GTX 860M; intel i7

What happens:

I am always able to start a new game. I can load games as long as I have not traveled to a different sector.

If I attempt to load a file where I have traveled around or played for a couple hours it sits on connecting for about a minute, then reports "Connection to 127.0.0.1:27000 could not be reached".

I have created 15 galaxy files, warped around a few times, saved and closed the client, reopened, and been unable to load all 15. (i named them g01 - g15)

Things I have done to try to rectify the problem on my own:

---adding the tag to server.bat to not use steam connection.

Result: loading an existing file connects for a long time, then starts as a new game, tutorial prompt and all

---turning off firewall (my only antivirus is windows defender)

Result: no change

---checking netstat to see if port 27000 is already being used

Result: it does not appear to be

---monitored resmon to see if anything goes wrong with the client reaching the port (grasping at straws a little here)

Result: Avorion appears at port 49464 (I may be slightly off but 49k something). 27000 never appears as being used.

---verified game files with steam

Result: no change

---reinstalled Avorion entirely

Result: no change on previous files, creating new files results in same issue

---started avorionserver.exe/closed it

Result: I found word via google about needing to close avorionserver.exe to fix this issue, though avorionserver.exe never appeared in my taskmgr unless i deliberately went and opened it before hand. So I did open it, then close it, caused no change.

Attached is my server log and client log for the latest attempts (g15). I have checked every attempts logs and they all appear identical in their errors.

I have greatly enjoyed the game, I'm especially fond of g15, and would love to waste many many more hours of my days with it, but I am unable to enjoy anything outside of the intro. Thank you very kindly in advance!

serverlog_Thu_Mar_09_23-36-40_2017.txt

clientlog_Thu_Mar_09_23-36-25_2017.txt

• Boxelware Team

In these logs you are playing on the default branch and all I can see is, that your server takes relatively long to start up. It might be just that your client doesn't attempt to connect long enough.

This time window for connecting has been increased on the beta branch. Could you give it a try? Make a backup of your galaxy and then update Avorion to beta branch and start it. It will automatically update.