A few ship module ideas.

Zxypher

Suggestion

1.) Inertial Dampener: Increase the potency of thrusters on the ship based on volume of this module.

This would be nice for only having a few visible thrusters but not tanking your stats for looks.

2.) Shield & Hull Regenerator: Two separate modules but with the same goal, provide constant regen to a ship that is damaged (no repairing of destroyed modules though) Probably needs to use a boat-load of energy and possibly even drain resources from your stash.

3.) Spinal Mounting: A weapon booster that buffs weapons based on its volume but can only be attached to a single weapon. Every sci-fi game needs spinal mounts.

4.) Weapon modifiers in general would be cool but this is of course personal opinion (I played a lot of Star Ruler and they had some fun ones.)

Those were just some things that came to mind after playing for a while and I'll update this thread if I have any more. I look forward to seeing where this game goes.

Thanks for your time.

2 answers to this suggestion

1.) Inertial Dampener: Increase the potency of thrusters on the ship based on volume of this module.

This would be nice for only having a few visible thrusters but not tanking your stats for looks.

It's not actually implemented the way you suggested it, but you know, you can hide thrusters, you don't need to tank your stats for looks as it is.

2.) Shield & Hull Regenerator: Two separate modules but with the same goal, provide constant regen to a ship that is damaged (no repairing of destroyed modules though) Probably needs to use a boat-load of energy and possibly even drain resources from your stash.

Shields already regenerate on top of being able to use modules to help that. Armor/hull also repair automatically whatever isn't completely destroyed via mechanics and you can actually speed that up by hiring more mechanics than necessary. Up to 130%.

3.) Spinal Mounting: A weapon booster that buffs weapons based on its volume but can only be attached to a single weapon. Every sci-fi game needs spinal mounts.

4.) Weapon modifiers in general would be cool but this is of course personal opinion (I played a lot of Star Ruler and they had some fun ones.)

Meh, could be fun but not such a huge deal to me.