Ranges Broken on Crafted Turrets. And sadly, more.

MetalX

First off, I want to say this is an amazing game that has HUGE potential.  I totally see myself dumping hundreds of hours into this game over the coming years.

Now, down to the nasty business of bug reporting..

So I took the time and effort to craft a bunch of, what I though were, good weapons.

I even crafted 8 mining lasers for myself.

But this is when things started to get a bit fishy, or peculiar.  I crafted these mining lasers that have a range of 1.72 kilometers.  But they do not start doing damage until I get to about 1.05 kilometers.

Further testing revealed that the target reticle turns green, meaning in range at about 1.25 kilometer range, but still don't do any damage until around the 1.05 km mark.

And this got me to thinking...

So I isolated ALL of my crafted weapons, my chainguns, my railguns and even my seeker launchers.

I tested each of them individually.  ALL of their ranges are broken.  My railguns say they should hit targets out to over 7km, but won't register a single point of damage until my target is with around 4.75km.  This is true for every weapon I have crafted, every single weapon i have crafted has broken ranges, ALL OF THEM.  And the ranges vary from turret type to turret type.

And no, it is not the turret locations on my ship, as the front of my ship is flat and all my weapons are placed on the front of my ship.

Also, this stuff should be easy enough for you to test using your developer magic.  Just give yourself all the materials to craft some high level turrets, get some that have longer range than normal turrets and go shoot some stuff.  The results will be immediately obvious.

And now to the "sadly, more" part of this post, as I like to be as efficient as possible about these things, there is one more topic on the subject of turrets.

Now, when I did my crafting I crafted many of the same turret.

Mining lasers this time, the damage range is messed up on these weapons.  I am using 8 of them on this asteroid, for the most part they are hitting at around 300-500 per shot, but often they drop down into the 50's.  What is up with that?  Is that bugged or what?  I don't understand how 8 of the same exact weapon will give so vastly different results.

And also, please tell me there is a chance these issues will be addressed in the future.  It is my opinion that these issues I have stated here are game breaking.  Stuff like this just simply cannot be allowed into a "final release" version of the game.  I acknowledge this is early access and all, but I am always thinking further down the road.

• Boxelware Team

Hi there,

we know of the issue with the incorrect distances on the crafted turrets. All turret types have that problem as you found out yourself. The crafting of the turrets will be revised and improved by the dev, it is however not clear when that will be (but of course before the final release). 

Hi there,

we know of the issue with the incorrect distances on the crafted turrets. All turret types have that problem as you found out yourself. The crafting of the turrets will be revised and improved by the dev, it is however not clear when that will be (but of course before the final release).

That is pretty awesome, you guys are great!