UI suggestions

Volken

Suggestion

I think this game would benefit a lot from some of the UI features from Freelancer. Things like the scanner which is basically a list of ships, bases and other objects of interest in the sector. It really increases the players' awareness and overall it's very practical and something I think will benefit the game very much. On another note, I'd like to be able too see more info about a faction, for example which factions it's hostile/allied to or what it does piracy,trade,mining etc. Also another tiny little thing i'd like to see is moveable and resizeable UI elements. Hope you agree with me here and I'm looking forward on seeing how this game evolves!

6 answers to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team

Most of those are planned. Moveable UI elements, faction properties (good, evil, greedy, stuff like that) are definitely something we want.

Considering the list of the sector content, there's going to be a strategy top-down perspective from which you'll be able to control your ships. All objects of interest will receive unique icons so identifying them should be easy.

Most of those are planned. Moveable UI elements, faction properties (good, evil, greedy, stuff like that) are definitely something we want.

Considering the list of the sector content, there's going to be a strategy top-down perspective from which you'll be able to control your ships. All objects of interest will receive unique icons so identifying them should be easy.

Interesting, I'm guessing that your scanner range will have a impact on how much we will see in the top down view? If that is correct will the ships that are outside the bounds appear like small unidentified anomalies/energy signatures or will they be completely invisible? Also another small question unrelated to UI but more to general graphic effects - will we see engine trails implemented?

• Boxelware Team

There isn't going to be fog of war or something similar, you will be able to see all uncloaked objects as what they are. They're usually not that far away. But you will have to approach them to see more details, such as cargo, weapon strength, exact number of HP, amount of iron in asteroids, etc.

More UI-related stuff to add to the wishlist :D

-Additional chat screens with Global/System/Faction/Group/Private chat windows

-Friends list

-Player profile screens with editable info such as description, custom avatar (something small like 40x40 png), send message button, invite to faction, declare personal hostility/suggest truce (basicly will make the player appear as a hostile or neutral if already hostile, people in faction or friends list will appear green)

-Faction profile screens with editable info  such as description, custom avatar, declare war/suggest peace/alliance, apply for faction button, members list, list of bases and the systems they're in, number of systems owned by faction etc.