[MOD] Advanced Fighter Command

ivakam

This mod actualy is upgrade to avorion community commands script /fighter, but that one allows more allows more fine tuning of the fighter, including setting the speed, durability, shields and its weapons. Technically, the fighter has exactly the same armament as your turrets, so all the possible characteristics of the weapon can be adjusted. I did not add other settings, due to the fact that the command already has a lot of arguments.

Syntax is next:

[pre]

/advfighter add  [weapontype]  [rarity] <durability> <tech> <shield> <maximum velocity> <turnrate> <damage> <firerate> <numbullets> <reach> <accuracy>

Notes:     

tech   - only visual here

maxvelocity - high values may cause docking issues(you sould fly fast so your fighters can dock you)

maxvelocity * 10 = maximum velocity of ship measured in m/s, but also make your fighter hard to hit

turnrate      - high values like 10 may cause dribbling and inadequatenes of fighter

numbullets  - obviously, write 10 to make a shotgun. Can be handy with low accuracy and salvaging/minig lasers

reach          - range of gun

accuracy    - from 0 to 1

[/pre]

example:

/advfighter add  bolter      rare    naonite    300      17    300      30          3        20      10        1        4      0.95

Next, other script clears your hangar its /clearhangar. Warning - it also remove crew assigned to the fighters.

p.s. About the future my plans - i am frustrated that figters in avorion nearly useless. I am planning to make mod wich allows construction of the fighter on the station wich looks like turret factory. I am planning to make fighter of existing turret + some goods wich are responsible for non-gun stats. I am also looking for a coder(s) who can help me make this happen. Basically i need some ideas about fighter components and the GUI of that factory.

Hav fun of this command.

Iva Kam

advfightercommands.zip

Is it possible to combine this with the custom fighters mod? Or just make a seprate version.

PS what happens when you put community scripts and this mod together?

please post the link to mod here and i`ll try do it.

Is it possible to combine this with the custom fighters mod? Or just make a seprate version.

these two mods are totally different things trying to accomplish totally different things

The custom fighter mod allows you to ACTUALLY DESIGN your fighters and then SUMMON them through a command

This mod /advfighter add just summons a specific type of fighter that you can adjust the stats to in the command.

so attempting to combine them would be like trying to combine a bicycle tire and an hard boiled egg.

Okay it is possible. I will try to add that functionality into this mod on that weekend. The mod is already compatible with avorion community commands - there are no files that should be modified, there are just some files to add.

these two mods are totally different things trying to accomplish totally different things

The custom fighter mod allows you to ACTUALLY DESIGN your fighters and then SUMMON them through a command

This mod /advfighter add just summons a specific type of fighter that you can adjust the stats to in the command.

so attempting to combine them would be like trying to combine a bicycle tire and an hard boiled egg.

Technically this is possible. fighter plan is only cosmetic, as i see. The only problem that there is a lot of command arguments and it is quite easy to make a mistake. I am working at that problem.