New System Upgrades(Heatsink, Capacitor)

Faxtroid

Suggestion

So as I have a lot of overheating weapons right now on my ships, I was thinking about new types of system upgrades, I have two in mind that could be possible in some way

Heatsink Upgrade

this upgrade lets fire overheating weapons longer for either certain amount of time, or percentage of time. Other variant could be shortening of cooldown time. It could be more power hungry than most of usual upgrades, or eventually needed certain amount(volume or rather surface area) of new "heatsink blocks" to function at full rate(if not, only let's say 40% of its full effect), dependent on either ship size or all the affected turrets.

Only legendary upgrades would affect all turrets on your ship, other than that it would be on certain number of turrets, maybe even type or material (naonite upgrade would not affect any weapons past trinium (works for 1 tier highier + all the lower tiers of material, kinda like mining/salvaging)

A rare trait of heatsink blocks volume in -% of original needed amount (if they would be in the game)

A rare trait, if heatink block surfaces are not covered, it gives bonus to it's needed volume in -% of original needed amount

Capacitor Upgrade

This one is focused on energy based weapons. Would be also very power hungry. Could affect only certain number of turrets, type, material, basically very similiar like Heatsink upgrade above, only with energy. It would lower enegry required by energy consuming turrets.

Legendary version would also affect all ship weapons.

A rare trait of bonus to lower consumption further of certain type of energy based turrets in -%

A rare trait of lowering it's own consumption of energy in -%

What do you think?

(Also, I didn't read everything on this forum yet, so if I'm just repeating anyones idea, sorry for that)

3 answers to this suggestion

This is a really neat suggestion, really like the idea.

Could be implemented as blocks or as modules

As modules there would have to be some sort of restriction to how many turrets it can effect, maybe it could have reduced effect when you go over the limit, to make it less of a hard cap.

Tier could influence power drain, number of turrets, and the potency.

As blocks it'd just be a flat boost, maybe you'd have to mount the turrets on the heatsink/capacitor blocks in order to get the bonus, or even just have the boost be scaled with the number of turrets it effects, so with 2* as many turrets you'd get half the effect from the same sized block, etc.