Server Commands - Reset Resources

Ethentianknight

Suggestion

I'm unsure as to whether the game does this on its own, but it would be nice to have iron deposits replenish over time, preferably with a 'reset sector' command that would revert/regenerate the iron in those sectors. I'm looking ahead to building large scale servers, and I don't want people to have to jump for 20 minutes just to get to a good starting place.

If you go with natural regeneration, I would hope that the rates are varied so that some sectors are more valuable, and further encourage some healthy turf battles.

5 answers to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team

This will be much less of a problem in the full version since the area you can visit is much, much larger and you'll be able to travel faster (gates, better hyperspace upgrades). It's one of the demo's soft limitations.

There will be sectors with anomalies that "enrichen" (is that a word?) the asteroids around it with resources.

As a quickfix for now, what you can do now is use the /give command to give resources to players.

You can reroll system asteroid fields with some gymnastics (in the demo; it will be a lot easier in full game) in scripts. Also I believe that you are able to make selected asteroids turn into iron ones (changing their plans but again - gymnastics; for now, due to demo limitations).