Jump Cool down time relative to distance travelled

zadkey

Right now, it seems the game wants you to keep getting a bigger and bigger ship. It seems that the jump cool down really penalizes you for doing this however.

For example it takes 90 seconds to cool down from jumping 1 sector or 10. So, early game if I had a bunch of unexplored sectors adjacent to me I could just easily visit them. Now I have to wait 90 second to travel whether the distance is 1 sector or 10.  Which kind of sucks when I am exploring yellow dots on the map looking for hidden things, and I have to sit there doing nothing. Its kind of bad gameplay to sit around waiting for no reason. It makes me want to play something else.

I would suggest making the cool downtime relative to your full jump range.  So if you can travel 10 sectors and your cool down is 90, then 1 sector should only be 9 seconds.

...or just use the hyperspace upgrades if you want to make smaller jumps? I mean, you CAN get your cooldown timer down to 0 seconds because upgrades are in percentage and stack additively. Absolutely no point without calculation time reduction mods.

Fully agree with this.

When I am exploring I just stack as many jump modules as possible (also equip radar upgrade and object detection) and then if there are hostiles in the area or whatever switch out quickly.