possible memory leak?

Cruiser

Easy to replicate. At least it is for me.

Launch seperate serverfiles on PC (SteamCMD one).

Start game.

All is good, till I start jumping around in sectors like a madman.. Eventually, and usually after 10 jumps, galaxy map becomes lag'ish..... Like I'm running a CPU at 200 celcius (overstatement).

And since all I have to do, is close client and restart it instantly, I fear this is some sort of memory leak from the client.

(I use the same PC for both the standalone server and the client).

Should probably also mention I have no life, so I play a mere 8 hours daily, when I'm not at work.

Added cropped win10 system info.

sMvryQz.png

Not saying it cant be my GPU, but a GPU that overheats, does'nt cool off in 11 seconds....

I've noticed the same behavior before the last update too, on patch 0.10.2.7420. As my discovered systems start growing (1500+), the game had become more resource intensive than before. It accumulates with every visited sector per game launch.

Stopping game and server brings the good performance back. I'm playing SP but as far as I've understood, it makes no difference to a real MP game since even in SP a local server will be started at client side.

And since all I have to do, is close client and restart it instantly, I fear this is some sort of memory leak from the client.

You could of course take a look at the memory usage via Taskmanager when it happens.

Also Logfiles might be helpful.

We've seen this issue before. For some of us it eventually results in a client crash.

It does seem to get worse the more sectors you have loaded, and as you've noticed, restarting the client makes this disappear for a while.

I think it has more to do with the client getting all the info of still active sectors than a memory leak.

But that's just my guess :)

• 2 weeks later...

We've seen this issue before. For some of us it eventually results in a client crash.

It does seem to get worse the more sectors you have loaded, and as you've noticed, restarting the client makes this disappear for a while.

I think it has more to do with the client getting all the info of still active sectors than a memory leak.

But that's just my guess :)

Based on my data collection, it is likely not the sector info remaining resident (they seem to clear out properly), but the factions and players info just stays resident forever, until the eventual lag. 

FreeRealms-ItemsInMemory.png