Captained Ships fairly useless now.

Splutty

So I have a bunch of captained ships, but since the patch, they all get stuck on each other, ram into stations, can't break (despite having inertial dampeners), and basically just act like drunken skaters.

When I fly the ship myself, I have none of these issues.

I think there's something borked with the AI flying routines. Since my 'flyToDock' now just rams the station at full speed, even though under manual control, the ship stops just fine.

I'm not sure if the flight routines just haven't been updated, or whether I'm doing something wrong in the design of my ships.

Here's a picture of how they get stuck:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=888496309

1BA0CF50C554E2C42FF586D28F30E9BC2C306EDA

I've attached the xml for this ship, if anyone wants to have a look.

SSF_Salvager_I.zip

So I've been doing some experimenting. The ships seem to completely ignore the brake thrust from the dampeners, but if you put enough dampeners on to have enough brake thrust to stop within a second, the ship will actually stop.

What seems to be happening is that the ship somehow keeps fiddling with course corrections while going at about 25% speed, and the dampeners actually never kick in until it almost hits the station and the ship 'thinks it's there'.

It's very odd.. I've built a totally new design though that incorporates these ridiculous amounts of dampeners, and about 25% of the ship is thrusters, and at least they don't crash into stations anymore.

That can't really be the intention, though.