[MOD - refreshed] Custom Fighters

LordHavoc

I've redone this guide/mod as I think the creator has gone inactive (only 2 posts)

Full credit though goes to FeelSoMoon (just in case he/she returns)

This lets you create and use custom fighters, which you can design yourself via the normal ship builder (the designs need to be moved to a specified location, explained below)

The code

Follow the below steps, don't add the quotes themselves

1. Download and install the Avorion Community Commands Package

2. Edit \data\scripts\player\cmd\fighter.lua (notepad++ is a good tool)

3. Search for "function addFighter(player, weapontype, rarity, material, tech, amount)" and then comment it out with double minus "--"

4. Add this immediately after "function addFighter(player, weapontype, rarity, material, tech, amount, xmltype)"

5. Search for "local fighter = GenerateFighterTemplate(random():createSeed(), weapontype, dps, tech, Rarity(rarity), Material(material))"

6. Add this immediately after "fighter.plan = LoadPlanFromFile("data/plans/" .. xmltype .. ".xml")"

The ships

These go in avorion/data/plans

1. Create your fighter in-game (make sure it's small, for idea of size your fighter shouldn't be around the size of a 1x1x1 size block)

2. Locate your saved fighter in %appdata%\avorion\ships and copy it to your steam\...\avorion\data\plans

Using in-game

The syntax for the fighter command is: /fighter add <weapon> [rarity] [material] [tech] [qty] [xmltype]

So to use it you could use the following example: /fighter add chaingun uncommon iron 20 1 myship

Use the name of your ship, but you don't need to add the ".xml" in-game

Known Issues

1. The scale of your ship determins the fighters hit points with a bit of randomness

2. The 'qty' part of the command doesn't work. Just use 1

Ed: I'll add valid rarities, weapons, materials when I get home later.

I'm moderatly active on the forum, so if anyone gets stuck with this I'll do my best to help. But it may take me a few days to reply