Trading broken

war872

As I see is not possible at the moment to trade  = broken

Most stations have no goods or only a minimum and because the sectors are frozen after leaving the stations can also produce nothing.

So how can I entertained  a ship with 5-10 million crew costs  ?

Beta patch 0.11.07767

translated with Google

peace

I made 2-3 Million pretty quickly today with the trading module that shows current price vs average, just buying things that were way undercosted and looking for a place to sell them while my hyperdrive was cooling down (I was just going around exploring, so it would have been the only way outside of in-system trade routes, which from what I can tell are pretty rare).

I agree trading is broken, but mostly because I can make 1.4 billion in 10 minutes on one of the trading routes I found.

There are 1 million sectors in the game, get a trading computer as high as possible, and go exploring.

Yeah, dead sectors make economy not very enjoyable. You probably would enjoy "Out of Sector Production" mod.

Trading is extremely profitable, however, due to the fact that many stations are so under-supplied with goods, and so, will pay you a lot for deliveries.

some tips:

Start with selling Gold and Platinum from noble mines, and check Trading Upgrade traderoutes tab often

then a good thing to try is things like Displays and Processors deliveryto Rep. Docks and Shipyards. (would require up to 100 millions of investment for full stock of 25000)

Step up is trading in things like, say, Fusion Cores or Anti-Grav Units. (hundreds of millions on investments for big stocks)

And the absolutely marvelous thing if you find a full Body Armor Factory and a Military outpost to buy 20 000 + of them (up to billions of investment)l

Another reason trading is somewhat strange now, as for me, is that trading upgrade just tells you what to do (what to move and where), but don't give you the actual information it used - so it's hard (possible, though) to spot profitable routes on your own - player starts to just fly back and forth and wait until Trading Upgrade will catch a jackpot for him, instead of thinking on its own.

think u all dont read wich client i play

BETA BRANCH !!!

i cant trad with processor or display ! why ? i can tell u all station have only 73

display or processor !!!

i visiting about 400 sector and donz fount one sector with display or processor more the 73 on station

mostly station have no goods in there  = broken trading

In the latest patch Koonschi nerfed the amount of tradable goods hard,

it also seems that a lot of stations don't have any storage capacity.

It is still possible to get shit lucky and hit a too overpowered trade, but randomly buying from a station that has decent stock and price and then hoping to sell it somewhere else looks like it has became a lot more tedious.

Okay, after some time and experimenting, i now agree with topicstarter. At first i was going to say something like "calm tf down, please", but now i share his anger.

I ventured into some new sectors, to see how is the trading with new station stock generation. TLDR: production is dead.

After fully exploring all the gate system for two factions, i haven't found a even single factory with more than 100 units in stock.

Only ones who had decent stock were the mines, solar p. plants and gas collectors - in short, primary resources producers. (even they were mostly empty - i'm just pointing that at least some of them had any stock), and food production facilities.

Anything more complex than steel: almost completely empty.

Only place where there was decent volumes of goods are trading posts. But don't you think that players should be encouraged to trade with some thought, by supplying production chains, instead of just hoping for random lucky trading post?

I could have started trading from the simplest products to slowly set production in motion, but that won't work in vanilla game !

If you play just vanilla, without OOsP factories like this:

l9GrY5s.jpgBigZXDn.jpg

are useless chunks of metal. And there are lots of such. You can come into the system and see how almost all of stations have <5% of stock (even with "mining" sectors this is sometimes true, and that is just ridicolous).

TLDR: In the current situation, with static universe, the only way to trade is to rely on good initial stock generation. Making most factories empty don't make trading any more thoughtful, it just makes most economical objects useless, removing even the illusion of living economics.

I'm wondering if you're all on the outskirts when trying this, since your stories are completely different from anything I see.

I'm in/near the center, and I just loaded a new sector to see what you were talking about.

It created a Gun Factory (amongst a bunch of others, that's just the first one I checked), with 8863/25000 guns in stock, large amounts of ingredients except Ammunition (which got delivered by a trader while I was writing this) and is now happily making more guns.

Sure I see some factories that are empty, but that's the way the code's written. It's fairly random, but based on location and size of the factory.

So the first sector I create through jumping there,which is *just* inside the center ring (108:94) not only has several factories with lots of stock (checked the others as well).

The Wood Farm wasn't producing anything (but had 1190 oxygen in stock), but started producing when I put energy cells in (which it was missing).

So I guess I'm thoroughly confused and have no idea what you guys are talking about. As I said at the start, are you out near the edge with the tiny factories?

So I guess I'm thoroughly confused and have no idea what you guys are talking about. As I said at the start, are you out near the edge with the tiny factories?

No, i was checking the center (Ogonite area), with large factories. Look at the screenshots i added, for example:

l9GrY5s.jpgBigZXDn.jpg

They are not small, they are just empty. Most are not that bad, but still with very little stock.

Of course, i checked just 2 factions's space, around 30 sectors - that might be just bad luck.