Ummm turrets ummm what are you doing?

Wilponderoci

look at the pic. you can actually see that the turrets are floating in the middle of nowhere

i had a similar issue once, but it never appeared again so i thought it was something on my side. good to know thats not the case

look at the pic. you can actually see that the turrets are floating in the middle of nowhere

i had a similar issue once, but it never appeared again so i thought it was something on my side. good to know thats not the case

Okay. Now that you mention it, I can just about make out the turrets. lol

And that's bizarre behaviour!

Does it go away when you quit building mode, or do they just keep floating?

This only happens with me in the Builder. If I don't remove the turrets from the current ship before applying a saved ship, the turrets stay where they were on the grid and don't move to the rescaled surface area.  Deleting the floating turrets, then replacing them corrects the problem. On the other hand, the same thing happens when applying larger ship designs...then the turrents end up inside the ship and you have to dig for them.

Removing the turrets before applying a saved ship design avoids this problem.

It's a programming nightmare to get the turrets to change grid locations to similar positions on a new ship. A simpler solution may be to have all turrets automatically removed when a saved ship design is applied.