[r7857] Invisible blocks in the Ship Builder

Doc Savage NDMF

After placing a couple blocks and 3 or 4 copy/paste actions I went to start placing the blocks in the corner under the red one:

Invisible_Blocks_1.jpg

There are two invisible blocks under there.

I immediately saved the ship design, exited the builder and the game. Hopefully there's something there... 

Log and 7-Zipped XML attached.

Cheers..!

clientlog_2017-04-04_12-52-14.txt

ship4.zip

Happened to me too.

It seems to happen everytime for me following those steps:

- Place a station

- Go in build mode on the station (select it, press F then Build)

- Place a block

Block placed is invisible, but it's there. To see it, I have to quit the game and enter it again (main menu seems enough)

this kind of thing happens to me constantly.

Im pretty sure its just lag.

Exiting build mode and re-entering it usually clears it.

If not then entering another ship, entering build mode in that ship, exiting build mode, exiting ship and entering previous ship will fix it.

I shouldn't have to exit/enter build mode or exit/enter the game when doing the exit/enter build mode fails after the first or second time doing it. And certainly not every two or three block placements. I have time to spend debugging the game, but I don't like wasting it any more than the next guy/girl/alien thingy.

If it is indeed lag, the cause needs to be found and fixed so it works properly. Same with all the other lag issues that come and go with each build step. It may just be me, but having what you have working properly makes it easier to know what is not working properly. As a tech, I always repaired the painfully obvious first. It made finding the small PITA problems much easier...

I didn't have this issue until the graphics card change build, before that it lagged but I never had an invisible anything. Something changed, and not for the better.

Cheers..!

• 3 weeks later...

Whenever this happens to me, I slap on a block randomly, and undo it, and that usually seems to catch the ship model up to date.

That's a pretty fast way to clear the issue temporarily, but it is certainly annoying to have. Unsure what causes it, though it might be related to "phantom blocks" in some wrecks when salvaging them, and/or "phantom enemies" when you do just enough damage to "kill" them for your client, but the server keeps them around.