[MOD] Universal System

Sether0

IUopnog.png

The mod is adding 1 extra system module: Universal System

Install:

Drop the content of the .zip file into ...steamapps\common\Avorion

It will overwrite the upgradegenerator.lua file (\data\scripts\lib folder) and add universalsystem.lua (\data\scripts\systems folder).

Uninstall:

Restore the upgradegenerator.lua from the backup and delete universalsystem.lua

mod_universalsystem_1.0.zip

this is a cool mod appart from the velocity and acceleration is there one that has all the same appart from thoes two?

To remove Velocity and Acceleration, you can edit universalsystem.lua by deleting the following lines of code:

local vfactor = 10 -- base value, in percent

local afactor = 10 -- base value, in percent

addBaseMultiplier(StatsBonuses.Velocity, vfactor)
    addBaseMultiplier(StatsBonuses.Acceleration, afactor)

if vfactor ~= 0 then
        table.insert(texts, {ltext = "Velocity"%_t, rtext = string.format("%+i%%", vfactor * 100), icon = "data/textures/icons/lucifer-cannon.png"})
    end

if afactor ~= 0 then
        table.insert(texts, {ltext = "Acceleration"%_t, rtext = string.format("%+i%%", afactor * 100), icon = "data/textures/icons/blaster.png"})
    end

Is there any way to reliably obtain this module?  Likewise is there a way to prevent the obtaining of this module?  It'd be nice for the admins on my server, not so nice to have players abusing it.  lol

At this point, you can get items manually through the developer panel. It is activated by the command:

/run Entity():addScript("lib/entitydbg.lua")

Access to the panel is displayed in the upper-right corner of the screen (~dev).

I do not know how to prohibit players from getting the system.

• 1 month later...

Hi, or thou boost to acceleration and velocity is nice but i find my self crashing in to the things almost always i pres W + Space xD, yea sure its easy just set this parameters off but i do enjoy that speed, so my question is: is it possible to add boost also to brake thrust, yaw, pitch and roll? or its nearly impossible bcs there is no original module system for these parameters?

Hi, or thou boost to acceleration and velocity is nice but i find my self crashing in to the things almost always i pres W + Space xD, yea sure its easy just set this parameters off but i do enjoy that speed, so my question is: is it possible to add boost also to brake thrust, yaw, pitch and roll? or its nearly impossible bcs there is no original module system for these parameters?

Now it is not possible to regulate braking with the help of modules. As an option, you can increase the number of inertial dampers when building a ship.

Now it is not possible to regulate braking with the help of modules. As an option, you can increase the number of inertial dampers when building a ship.

Yea, i thought so. Well nevermind. Even so i like this mode.

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to reliably obtain this module?  Likewise is there a way to prevent the obtaining of this module?  It'd be nice for the admins on my server, not so nice to have players abusing it.  lol

At this point, you can get items manually through the developer panel. It is activated by the command:

Access to the panel is displayed in the upper-right corner of the screen (~dev).

Exactly how do i get it thrue dev console?

Exactly how do i get it thrue dev console?

pmRMrCz.jpg

Got a little workaround here:

Only use the modified upgradegenerator.lua briefly, when only the admins are around to obtain it with the dev commands, then revert to the normal upgradegenerator.lua, but keeping universalsystem.lua around. This will keep any Universal System modules you have already created, but making it unobtainable through normal means.

Probably won't stop it from dropping when your ship is destroyed but frankly, something is wrong with you if you somehow get killed while having this installed...

Goog thing!

Could there is an option so it doesn't drop from kills nor sell at vendor?

I plan on using it as a core item for a "Purge Squad" to create a agressive administration fleet on a server. A good way to "kick" people when they talk trash ;)

Could there is an option so it doesn't drop from kills nor sell at vendor?

You can use the method suggested by Mattoropael:

Only use the modified upgradegenerator.lua briefly, when only the admins are around to obtain it with the dev commands, then revert to the normal upgradegenerator.lua, but keeping universalsystem.lua around. This will keep any Universal System modules you have already created, but making it unobtainable through normal means.

Probably won't stop it from dropping when your ship is destroyed

Thank you, still that's kind of a jenky way. It would mean that each time I want to add a ship to this fleet, I would have to swap files, reboot the server, be sure there is no player, do my thing, reswap and reboot the server again.

Well I'll see if I could integrate your mod with some command-based item-spawning mods out there, would be a more practical solution imo ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...