[Event] 1v1 Elimination Tournament - Friday 07/04/2017 19:00 UTC / 21:00 CET

Devious

Hello all,

We are upgrading our server this week and since we have a few overlapping days we decided to organise our first event.

As the title say this will be a simple 1v1 elimination tournament on a seperate server.

The top 3 players will win a price which they can use on our main server, Rusty's Galaxy.

Because of the limited time available, we will make a creative server so you can create your ship without farming for it.

To keep it fair for everyone we have made up a limit in total HP (including shields) and firepower (Omicron).

There is no way to make this a hard limit, so we will check the firepower and HP before the start of the battles.

Another limitation is that you are not allowed to use railguns, it's broken mechanics are too OP compared to the rest of the weapons.

Shield penetrating stats on other weapons are allowed, you can defend yourself against it by dodging or using enough armor.

It should be obvious that warping out during the match will disqualify you, evading or ramming your opponent is fine though.

All matches up to the finals have a time limit of 10 minutes to keep waiting times to a minimum, after that a winner will be decided.

Due to the nature of a 1v1 elimination tournament, the winner of a round will continue to the next round.

There will be multiple rounds of elimination and we might do a best of three for the (semi) finals.

Depending on the amount of contestants we will do 1-3 matches at a time to prevent long waiting times.

You are allowed to spectate the matches in your drone, to keep the lag to a minimum please keep your finished ships in an unloaded sector.

Ship limits and rules:

1 million total HP including shields

25k Omicron firepower

The use of railguns is not allowed due to their broken mechanics

We also like to discourage you from building Borg cubes of death by rewarding the most original build and tactic with a to be determined prize.

During the first rounds you are only allowed to repair your ship once, so make good use of it with planning your tactic! Near the finals we will allow for more repairs if the first rounds go quick, more on that later.

Prices for the event:

1st price: 50.000.000 credits + 1 month VIP status

2nd price: 25.000.000 credits

3rd price: 10.000.000 credits

To sign up for the event you can either send me a pm or post a message in the event channel on our Discord.

The matches will be generated randomly so you can compete with friends to be the winner in our first event!

I will ask if those who are ready can respond to a message in the event channel from which I will start matching up players.

So make sure to be there, you will not be able to join the event after the first round is finished.

The event will take place on Friday 7th of April at 19:00 UTC/GMT so that will be 21:00 CET for most of us.

In a moment I will post the IP to which you can connect to the event server below and in the event channel on our Discord.

You can find our Discord through: https://discord.gg/AkGe7ke

Main server page on official Avorion forum: http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,798.0.html

The event server is now live, you can connect through:

Don't forget to send me a pm or leave a message in the event channel on Discord if you would like to participate, so we can know what to expect!