AI options

Spacefaring_Guy

Suggestion

A little bit of backstory: I am very impatient. So, not wanting to wait for the 'keep sectors loaded' update, I decided to turn off Steam authentication on the server and run a secondary hacked client, and leave that 'player' in a sector so everything would keep on going when I was out of sector.

It worked... except now everybody hates that 'player', because I left my ships set to 'patrol' and they invariably attack civilian transports causing all factions to like me less, and eventually they start getting attacked, too.

So... the AI really needs two additional options: "Fire only if fired upon" and "Never fire upon unarmed vessels". Options, because you might decide to play like a Pirate King, right?

1 answer to this suggestion

I suppose that's one way to use that old OP ship in a backwater system.

I can only imagine the cards and turrets that will pile up from something like this...

Does the Guard Position work as a "fire if fired upon"..? Maybe that could be extended to Guard this sector..?

I wouldn't mind seeing a "fired if fired upon" option now. Be nice if my AI Salvage ship would stop, drop and blow a hole through what ails them when the waves start rolling in so I don't have to stop the world every couple minutes and do it.

Good find, those options will be needed.

Cheers..!