Getting to the core quest, questions

veldez

A few questions about opening the wormhole across the core barrier:

1. Once the wormhole is opened, do I need to keep the 8 ships in place, or can I remove them and the relic systems they carry?

2. Are there multiple spots with the 8 stations to open the wormhole, or is there just one place with the stations? And if there is more than one spot with the stations, can a wormhole be opened at each one?

3. Finally, with an Avorion warp core, can I just hyperjump across the barrier just like any other rift?

A few questions about opening the wormhole across the core barrier:

1. Once the wormhole is opened, do I need to keep the 8 ships in place, or can I remove them and the relic systems they carry?

2. Are there multiple spots with the 8 stations to open the wormhole, or is there just one place with the stations? And if there is more than one spot with the stations, can a wormhole be opened at each one?

3. Finally, with an Avorion warp core, can I just hyperjump across the barrier just like any other rift?

1 - I /believe/ that you don't need to keep them there (don't take my word for it though!) so you can get everything back. My advice is that you try, worst case you'll just have to put the module back and wait until you have an Avorion hyperspace core to get the Xsotan artifacts back (but are they even useful for anything besides opening the wormhole? maybe?)

2 - There's multiple ones, I think, but they should all be right next to the barrier, so look for yellow dots there and eventually you should stumble upon one of these gates.

3 - Yes, with an Avorion hyperspace core you can jump over rifts.

My sources: Even though I haven't crossed the barrier yet I've done plenty of research on it (there's no way I would have been able to figure out how to get some Xsotan artifacts otherwise except perhaps by sheer luck after a few weeks of playing)