So whats the news ?

Best4Gamers

• Boxelware Team

Both Philipp and I truly sorry for the delay, but we just couldn't make it. With this Kickstarter being our first one, we underestimated the time the preparation and running the Kickstarter would take. But right now it's looking good for September!

• 2 weeks later...

The game looks better with every update.

I think the X's Egosoft games did well with a story + sandbox. I played X2 the Threat, X3 Reunion, X3 Terran Conflict. Each time, i did some part of the missions, but mostly, did "nothing" just wander and build my own life.

I hope Avorion can achieve something similar.

The game looks better with every update.

I think the X's Egosoft games did well with a story + sandbox. I played X2 the Threat, X3 Reunion, X3 Terran Conflict. Each time, i did some part of the missions, but mostly, did "nothing" just wander and build my own life.

I hope Avorion can achieve something similar.

I definitely believe its possible and I think the devs are going for an X3 style game but better. Although the story is nice and I appreciate the devs adding it in, I think what really will make this game popular is the multiplayer aspect. If the devs get that right, there's no doubt in my mind that it will outshine X3 in terms of gameplay just because all of the possibilities and longevity that multiplayer adds to games - just look at Freelancer, even though its so old and its multiplayer has flaws it still has people playing who are looking for this kind of gameplay.

Now I've got a question for Koonschi - how many players do you think the current build of the game can support on a server approximately? :)

• Boxelware Team
Now I've got a question for Koonschi - how many players do you think the current build of the game can support on a server approximately? :)

It depends on what the players are doing and how many cores the server machine has, but right now I think we should be able to support up to 10 players online at the same time. When the machine doesn't have many cores and when the players all in different sectors doing massive battles you'll definitely feel a performance hit though.

• 2 weeks later...

Still good ? I suppose you may need to delay to October ? I don't care much about delay, i prefer quality as long as it's coming, i'm simply curious.

From what I saw on his twitter, the beta of the game seems to be ready. He uploaded it to steam and added achievements too! This is just my opinion but I think the beta should be in the hands of the kickstarters very soon and just on time ;)