[VIDEO] Ship-building techniques and advice

Ohm is Futile

Hello everyone, so I recorded my own personal advice and building tips. It's now available to anyone here:

I may not produce some of the best looking ships on these forums, but that's likely due to my sense of aesthetics rather than my techniques. Hopefully, this information will help everyone who is interest in making their own ships in Avorion do so with the least amount of frustration and time investment.

nice overview, definetly worth watching for new fellows... Nice work!  8)

On a sidenote, you know why the "Upgrade to Ogonite" didnt worked in first place, yes? Gotta CTRL+V em first, then select material in dropdown menu... obvious if you did it some times, i know, but the only point i recogniced not straight clear in the vid... oh, and i could disagree on the 0.05 scaling topic, but thats a taste-thing i guess, and you cant argue about taste, no?  :P

Thanks! Yeah, the ctrl-V thing was confusing, but yeah, I'm glad I didn't spend 5 minutes figuring it out.

The 0.05 thing, well, matter of taste, sure, but I can assure you (because I didn't take my own advice in the past) that if you build core blocks out of 0.05 blocks (and place blocks that do have sizes ending in #.#5) then you are very much exposed to things not lining up since the grid cannot account for the #.#25 that it adds on both sides of the axis. For details, go right ahead, don't have to line up flavor blocks.