[Solved]Controls freeze after jumping through Gate

Fox

Ok, since this is my first Bugreport here, and the InGame-Bugtracker always showed "Errors: Wrong first Material (tried english and german version: Iron/Eisen), lets see if i can get this together here:

Checked "Read first!" - Done

Checked FAQ - Done, no mentioning.

Checked for existing Bug Report and Game Version - Done, newest build, and couldnt find anything related in the Subfforum, neither manually nor with Search.

"Is it really a bug?" - Uhm, i think so? What makes a bug a bug?

Include crash details - No crash2desk happened!

Clear Description, Specs and stuff - Lets bring in the filled form i couldnt submit here:

------------------------

Bug Type: Unexpected Behavior

Game Type: Main Game (STEAM)

Game Version: Beta 0.11 r7857

Brief Description:

Controls freeze after jumping through Gate

Detailed Description:

Basically any time you jump through a gate with a Movement key still pressed it keeps this information and will think you keep pressing the button in the next sector, even if not, confirmed with all directional keys and spacebar for boost.

Workaround would be pressing and releasing the representative button again, so it goes back to normal behaviour.

Tho i admit i am not entirly sure if this behavior comes from cheap equipment i use (thinking about keyboard/mouse here), but since its reproduceable i thought i mention it here...

Since no crash happend i dont think logs are needed? added the latest ones i could find anyways...

What did you expect to happen(optional)?

After loading screen the ship should sit in front of the gate, not moving until movement keys are pressed!

Exact Steps to reproduce:

- Position yourself in front of a gate so its on your left (for example, works with all directions+spacebar)

- Strafe left into the Gate, keep the button pressed until you jump (would be the same for forwards/backwards)

- wait for loading screen (you can release the button now)

- see your ship still strafing left

- (since holding spacebar is for boosting, you can only see the effect of spacebar when pressing W for forward, will boost without holding spacebar (since it "thinks" you still keep holding it))

Client Logfile: https://pastebin.com/AS6DR1bn

Server Logfile: https://pastebin.com/catF8iCE

(both latest, but unrelated i think?)

System Specs:

CPU: AuthenticAMD 8 Cores

RAM: 16GB

GPU: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Version: 4.5

Whats the first material in Avorion: Iron, isnt it??

------------------------

EDIT: Just noticed the same behavior with the camera if you hold CTRL while jumping!

Another EDIT:

[uBR] Fixed keyboard and mouse up events not being registered in loading screens
Solved! Thx alot...

• Boxelware Team

nice post! :)

And nice catch, we had a lot of people reporting the same issue but they didn't see that you have to press until loading screen, so this was really helpful, thanks!