Server Crashes

MidnightKitsune

Recently a friend and I bought Avarion to play together on a private server. We both would play for a little while and the server would crash. This happens almost every time we play on the server and happens after a couple minutes of play. I've attached the log from the last couple crashes.

serverlog_2017-05-14_01-12-08.txt

serverlog_2017-05-14_01-25-01.txt

Well, all i can say is that the game seems to crash on a specific sector:

"failed to aquire void Galaxy ::keepSector(Sector*): 716, sectorsMutex after 20000 tries" which it keeps repeating at the end where the amount of tries increase followed by a shutdown message.

This needs to be looked at by the developer but i guess you could try and delete that specific sector (sector 716).

just search for it in the sector folder in the hopes there is only one file with 716 in the name.

let me know if that works.

• Boxelware Team

The error you are getting here could be related to mods. Do you have any active? Does the error persist without mods?

The next update will change the saving of sectors and might help, too, if it is not mod related.

@striker_lord: This error happens on line 716 in the sector-class not a specific sector, so deleting any sector will make no difference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I highly suggest in case you are running the server by using the in game menu, just dont

Instead look up how to make a dedicated server, yes yes I hear you "But I don't want to run a full fledged server"

If you are wondering about how it will affect performance, I'm like 90% you will be fine

and If you are running mods you just install them the same way you would with your own client.

The process of making one couldn't be easier, It provides you with everything.

I'm not sure if I am allowed to post links here, but I'm going to slap one here for the guide I used to make a server nice and simple

http://avorion.gamepedia.com/Setting_up_a_server

Fly Safe Commander o7