[CHALLENGE] Venator Build

Echo-107

HELLO Avorion Peoples!

I have this day, to put forth to all of thee, a CHALLENGE. Yes, a CHALLENGE.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=927464848

This is a thing i built in Space Engineers. I CHALLENGE shipbuilders in Avorion to reconstruct it and turn it into a FULLY FUNCTIONAL ship.

CRITERIA:

MUST BE BATTLESHIP SIZED

MATERIALS CAN BE TITANIUM, TRINIUM AND NAONITE, BUT NOTHING MORE OR LESS.

MUST HAVE MINIMUM 3500 CREW SPACE

MUST HAVE MINIMUM 10000 CARGO SPACE

MUST HAVE SHIELD

MUST GENERATE MINIMUM 8TW ENERGY

MUST HAVE HANGAR BAY WITH MINIMUM 20 FIGHTERS SPACE

XML MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ON FORUM

MUST HAVE NO PROBLEMS IN GAME (bad braking thrust, poor turning etc)

BONUS POINTS IF YOU MAKE A SMALLER FRIGATE SIZED VERSION JUST FOR LAUGHS :):):)

What do you get if you complete the challenge? I dunno... make yourself a cup of celebratory coffee or get ice cream or somming i dunno...

TO ALL: I APOLOGIZE for the low resolution screenshots available on the workshop page - my PC cannot handle anything better, so try your best.

Just an FYI, there would have to be iron or avorion for inertia dampeners. Also, I would definitely use that ship if someone made it. And finally, I love that you put a "challenge" instead of a "request". Trying to play on some pride strings there.... Don't worry, I won't tell anyone.  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

"Oh, a challenge, i love competition!" Oh, wait, no, im not!!! If there was a just request i might consider...

Just joking, me quite busy on another request atm (UNSC one), for that ship i might have some thoughts yet:

- Define "Battleship-sized"!

- Why the minimum crew specs?

- No Xanion but high energy demand!

- No Iron for Inertia Dampeners (as Griffon pointed out)

- Careful, there are 2 numbers on the Hangar, one for max. number of fighters, one for max. Volume for Fighters.... i guess you mean the former one?

- Bonus would just be holding Q and rescale the finished product?

If you take a look around here im pretty sure there are enought Starwars Fans that you can find a Stardestroyer alrdy game-ready for you to start with... i might give this a try later, as said there are a few projects beforehand which wait to get finished...

EDIT: If you want to make things easier for ppl you could provide an export of that ship to get an .obj file one could use on a page like this... helped alot to have a 3D model on the 2nd screen while doing SE Red and Blue!

Note that said page has an option to export to .xml, but thats another format than Avorions .xml files... believe me, i tried  :P

"Oh, a challenge, i love competition!" Oh, wait, no, im not!!! If there was a just request i might consider...

Just joking, me quite busy on another request atm (UNSC one), for that ship i might have some thoughts yet:

- Define "Battleship-sized"!

- Why the minimum crew specs?

- No Xanion but high energy demand!

- No Iron for Inertia Dampeners (as Griffon pointed out)

- Careful, there are 2 numbers on the Hangar, one for max. number of fighters, one for max. Volume for Fighters.... i guess you mean the former one?

- Bonus would just be holding Q and rescale the finished product?

If you take a look around here im pretty sure there are enought Starwars Fans that you can find a Stardestroyer alrdy game-ready for you to start with... i might give this a try later, as said there are a few projects beforehand which wait to get finished...

EDIT: If you want to make things easier for ppl you could provide an export of that ship to get an .obj file one could use on a page like this... helped alot to have a 3D model on the 2nd screen while doing SE Red and Blue!

Note that said page has an option to export to .xml, but thats another format than Avorions .xml files... believe me, i tried  :P

Battleship Sized as in Has MINIMUM nine system slots by default. thats Battleship sized in MY mind (havent been playing long) but the actual definition might be different for others. thats my ideal warship, nine slots for subsystems. Suits my playstyle.

Minimum crew specs are because i often use my flagship as an emergency crew ferry when setting up new stations for my production. it helps to have a few extra hands or space available. AND lets not forget that it is after all a battleship. it needs a lot of people to hold all of the GUNZ.

Okay, i havent been playing the game for that long so my understanding of materials is screwy. The point was i wanted the ship to be physically IN the game so i could modify it as i go, same as with my previous requests of Big Red and Big Blue. I wanted them all iron so i could start off with them early on and modify them piecemeal as i played the game. I like the idea of an all-in-one flagship. Go for any material you like but frankly, i like the ability to modify and change as is necessary as i play, so my thoughts are to make it supercheap crappy iron, then work within the limits of resources as the game goes on. Thats how i play space engineers or any other voxel-y build-y game. I use other peoples work then modify it to my needs as i go. I spawn in an empty shell, then modify it according to the situation i am presented with. I mke things unintentionally harder for myself as the situation goes because i generally have to work WITHIN existing limits of whatever i am presented with. I'm a salvager, wrecker and modifier, i cant do jack by myself (at least nothing that doesnt makes you vomit). Seriously. some of my designs in the past would have made your eyes bleed. (i am NOT joking.)

As for fighters? Entirely optional, i dont use them generally, i prefer brutal force of base armaments and guns based on my playstyle so i dont really know. Go with your gut.

Bonus holding Q? dont know how that works. i have the attention span of a brick wall, that bit escaped me during tutorials and forum stuff. i'll re-read and see if i can try that.

I know theres a star destroyer, but i didnt want a star destroyer. already have its XML file, alrdy thanked the author. I wanted to do something unique and peculiar.... because reasons. Mostly a slow descent into madness.

The Venator Olympia is my SE flagship, i spent fourteen hours on it trying to get it JUUUUUUUST right, i'm damn proud of it. The Venator is my favorite sci-fi ship, i dont know why, i just really love it. So i tried to fit something that i enjoy onto it. Make it bigger, sleeker, give it a bit more KAPOWZ.

THAT took me FOURTEEN HOURS. working from bits of other ships and stations gathered from the workshop. FOURTEEN HOURS, to do THAT. I clearly dont have the skills, patience or imagination. Why repeatedly fail miserably to create laughable attempts at what you love when you can simply let other people - who not only enjoy it more than you but are a hundred times better than you - do it for you? Thats why people buy art. Those who cant DO it - BUY from those who can.

Sad sappy personal identity story concluded. Im sorry if i bored you.

As for that 3d voxel thing? I dont have the time to learn it. I barely play my games anymore as it is. If i get the time, i'll give it a try.