Ship building construction suggestions

gn_leugim

Suggestion

So, right now, if you select a block, you have a little window with type, material and size of that block. It would also be great to have this for the block you are currently building (the one as green ghost), specially the size.

Second, it would also be nice to be able to replace a block, without deleting. so, if I have a iron crew quarters block, stuck in the middle of the ship, I could replace it without deleting it (or maybe others) to change it for a titanium cargo bay block for instance.

Also, one nice addition would be a "hide block" feature, so we could select and change blocks inside the ship, without needing to delete blocks around it to access it.

Finally, on ship templates, it would be nice the be able to name the ship templates, sort them in the list, and have the option to now automatically save the ship template.

EDIT: last addition, the preview of the cost of repair while in building mode ;)

best regards,

GnL

4 answers to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team
So, right now, if you select a block, you have a little window with type, material and size of that block. It would also be great to have this for the block you are currently building (the one as green ghost), specially the size.

Second, it would also be nice to be able to replace a block, without deleting. so, if I have a iron crew quarters block, stuck in the middle of the ship, I could replace it without deleting it (or maybe others) to change it for a titanium cargo bay block for instance.

EDIT: last addition, the preview of the cost of repair while in building mode ;)

These have come up a lot lately. We have plans for them, you can expect them in future updates.

Finally, on ship templates, it would be nice the be able to name the ship templates, sort them in the list, and have the option to now automatically save the ship template.

What do you mean with "ship templates"? The "Saved Ships" window? Or the bottom category in the building inventory? Both of these are already saved automatically.

Maybe also that you could see with the "select the block with drawing a frame" feature the different blocks you selected with like the number of blocks and the volume of the different block types and the option to upgrade the different types seperately and delete them so you could buy a ship but you dont want cargo on it and delete or replace all cargo blocks with some other blocks?