[Mod] GuardianScout

Hammelpilaw

Well thats funny. I added the new upscaling system that came with Avorion 0.18 to the modded guardian. After doing this the Guardian had 80 Billions of Omicron  ;D It killed 1.5 billion shields in about 10 seconds... I guess I gonna rebalance it  ;) (coming soon)

But don't worry, latest version of the mod does not scale up any Xsotan, so this will not happen to you.

guardian.jpg.02e034f4af19cdb27cb15fb459c58dd4.jpg

Since Avorion 0.18.x all Xsotan ships scale with the strenght of player ships when you are inside core. This mod currently skips Xsotans scaling until I update it.

As you can see when using this mod I like strong enemies, but I do not like enemies scaling with the players strength.

Imagine a house and there is a very small but angry cat inside that is attacking you when you walk in. When you walk in the same house with 20 soldiers and a tank, theres still only a little cat, and not a 10m huge armored lion... ;D Ok maybe not the best example... but I just dont like enemies scaling by players strength.

Currently I think about how to balance this mod in future. On the one side I dont wanna skip vanilla stuff with this mod, on the other side I want a balancing I really like. Also Xsotan should not get OP compared to pirates and other npc factions.

So Im asking you: how do you think about this? How would you like the Xsotan and the Boss? How would you like other npc factions? Maybe another mod would be required to solve this, so just tell me your ideas and do not only focus on the guardian.

• 2 weeks later...

Since nobody gave any wishes or suggestions I'll just continue this mod as I like it  :P

This means I will not add scaled Xsotan ships to it right now, but I'll do a whole rework and change this mod to a global galaxy balancing mod to configure the difficulty. It will add a new config file to your galaxy directory where you can change a lot of balancing stuff like npc ship size, damage, adding weapons to stations and lot of more stuff. It will also include a difficulty scaling inside the core wich is not restricted to the Xsotans only as it is in vanilla game, but also its not related to the players ship.

Of course it will still contain the Wormhole Scout and the stronger Guardian.

Ok these are the plans. If you have some suggestions for these feel free to answer on this topic.