Server keeps Crashing

bagaznal

So me and a friend started playing Avorion and we love it. We are currently on the beta branch, and every once in awhile we have a problem with the server. We would be in-game on the server that I created with the clients dedicated server tool, on of us would jump to a sector and then the server would just completely freeze and kick us off the server. When I go to close the server, it says that there's no server running yet less there's 2 people on the server. The only way I could close it is to go to task manager and close it like that, which ends with us losing progress.

I looked at the server log that I attached, and right when the server crashes I get his error:

14 failed to aquire void Galaxy::keepSector(Sector*, float): 926, sectorsMutex after 10000 tries

I have no clue what this could be at all. I know its not my internet, cause I'm actively doing something on the internet while this happens, and it fixes as soon as I restart the server. So far, the only thing I've done is port forward on both my router and my firewall. I'm utterly clueless as to whats happening. Also, this is NOT a modded server.

serverlog_2017-07-11_23-10-26.txt

Any recommendations on how to alleviate backdating besides saving 24/7? A timed autosave feature might be nice... That way you can atleast guarantee the backdate is less than X minutes. Or, maybe make it so it saves before each jump ( I don't think this one would really work though, cause it seems to be that the sector is loaded as soon as its selected for the jump drive).... Also, I know this is asking a lot, but it would help with debugging; have you considered when you launch a dedicated server, that it launches a command prompt in the background that outputs the same thing as whats being written in the server log, and also allows you to input commands? This would alleviate a few issues, since CMD generally overrides even Admin privileges since its basically the server itself asking for something to happen.