Server Crashing Every 30 Minutes With 2 Minute Rollback

itsfuntolose

I'm renting a server from low.ms, and i've been back and forth with their customer support several times trying to resolve the issue, and they swear up and down there's nothing wrong on their end.

Roughly every 30 minutes, my 0.12.5(now 0.12.6) server crashes and kicks me.  The server no longer shows up in the list, but I can still connect to it directly through the connect via IP option.  If I restart the server through my low.ms console, it will show up again in the list, and I can join that way instead. 

Every time this happens, I lose ~2 minutes of progress, sometimes my ship duplicates itself, turrets/systems and all, from that rolled back state(I can pilot it still, delete it for insane resources, sell the extra systems/turrets, etc) 

This is getting to be unplayable.  any ideas?

I have uninstalled all mods on the server.  no change.

edit: I initially had regenerative asteroids mod installed, and scouted a few sectors containing a regenerative asteroid field.  I am currently testing starting a completely new world.

still haven't resolved this issue, but I am almost certain it is something low.ms is doing on their end.

In the attachments

7/14/2017 7:42:14 PM Restart GrantB 72.201.3.7 Control Panel

7/14/2017 8:04:03 PM Stop SYSTEM 127.0.0.1 Monitoring (branding removed from hostname |||    ---{  Bear Territory  }---    |||) script

7/14/2017 8:04:04 PM Start SYSTEM 127.0.0.1 Monitoring (branding removed from hostname |||    ---{  Bear Territory  }---    |||) script

7/14/2017 8:07:13 PM Restart GrantB 72.201.3.7 Control Panel

7/14/2017 8:28:19 PM Stop SYSTEM 127.0.0.1 Monitoring (branding removed from hostname |||    ---{  Bear Territory  }---    |||) script

7/14/2017 8:28:19 PM Start SYSTEM 127.0.0.1 Monitoring (branding removed from hostname |||    ---{  Bear Territory  }---    |||) script

This shit goes on and on every 30 minutes.

Game works fine when I connect to single player, host my own multiplayer game from my computer with ports forwarded, or join another server.

Only happens when I connect to the low.ms server I've rented, and logs of their SYSTEM start/stopping the service every 30 minutes ago lines up exactly with my outages. 

It's one of two things:

1. Their system ( on their side ) is telling the server to stop/start.

2. Under your control panel options, The server is setup to restart every 30 mins.

If they are saying that it's not them, then it's probably number 2.

Or they have really crap server reliability.

As there are no errors ( from the log you posted ) I doubt it's the server not keeping up or running out of RAM, because normally it would be listed in a log like that.

Just worked out why our server is restring.

7/18/2017 3:35:30 PM Stop SYSTEM 127.0.0.1 Monitoring (branding removed from hostname xX666Xx) script

7/18/2017 3:35:30 PM Start SYSTEM 127.0.0.1 Monitoring (branding removed from hostname xX666Xx) script

This morning I removed the "- Hosted by LOW.MS" and "description=A low.ms game server. Visit https://low.ms for your very own Avorion server!"

It seems that a script runs that stops the server if you remove this, thats complete BS and I will be contacting LOW.SHIT about this, i pay for the server not for there advertising.

Stay clear of LOW.MS i thinks