Addition: Turret Removal On Ships

huckletoon

Suggestion

Koonschi,

In reading the patch notes for the latest iteration of Avorion, I noticed that turrets are no longer removed when repairing a ship in the "Build" menu.

I'm not sure how you had the removal of all turrets in the first place implemented, however, if it wasn't too bad, perhaps it would be a good idea to have some way to remove all of the equipped turrets, much like repairing one's ship use to; a "Remove Turrets" button, if you will.

Not necessarily a game-breaking issue, but more-so a quality-of-life improvement, as having to remove about 24 turrets every time I switch between mining and preparing for a firefight is quite tedious.

Rock on,

Huckletoon

6 answers to this suggestion

You dont have to switch the turrets on your ship if you want to switch between fighting and mining, you can just switch the turret module to either armed or unarmed.

So if you have an empty ship and place 24 gun turrets on it with the upgrades you can then switch the upgrade for unarmed turrets and place your maybe 24 mining turrets and you can only use this 24 mining turrets and 2 gun turrets. (sry if not good explained i dont know how to properly explain that atm o.O)

So the max turret count is not the max turret count BUT the max "active" turret count so you can have only 2 weapon turrets online if you switch to mining.

Hope that helps

you mine with 24 turrets???

Anyway, you know that you can create selection groups on turrets and toggle them off and on, so you can have 12 turrets, for mining, signed to group 1 and armed turrets in group 2.

regarding the removing turrets on "repair" I've missed that feature yes, but on when on repair, should be something apart, because it is also frustrating placing the turrets again every-time you repair. specially combat ones, where I have to pick which ones I want, all over again, so on that field was a good change too.

and again... 24 turrets?? :o :p

Haha, yes I like to go overkill with turrets. 24 gets the job done quicker.

I understand what DerBudi is saying; that solves my problem for the most part. However, in fighting droves of enemies, one often finds better turrets to use, and most of the time when I switch my turret setup, there are different turrets every time I change it. I could do what DerBudi or gn_leugim are saying, yes, but with 24 turrets it becomes difficult to try and differentiate which turret is which. Thus, taking them all off so that I may see what I have in my arsenal to use is much more preferable, for me, at least.

So, and this is what I like about this game, it's up to the player to decide how one wishes to play the game. I will likely continue taking off every single turret when I switch so that I can best utilize my turret slots.

I do appreciate the suggestions, though. :)

Rock on,

Huckletoon

ahah, overkill, yes, ultra kill I would say  :P

I can't remember the last time I mined something, as I have a fleet of small ships to do it for me, so usually I only need to update the turrets on my main ship when I get better ones :p so, I don't have that kind of issue.

But like you said, everyone plays as he wishes, after all, is a sandox game :p

best, GnL

Small mining ships FTW

I like to just have one type of turret (armed vs unarmed) on my ships at any one time. As I'm not very good with Weapon Groups yet, I tend to just Alpha-strike anything that is my target with all my turrets.

Regardless, I would also like to see Quality-of-life improvements too. +1 on Remove Turrets button!