Rotating blocks in place

Hi all,

Is it possible to change the direction of a placed block while keeping the current dimensions? For example, if iI have a 20x40x30 directional thruster deep inside my ship that acts along the x axis. Is there a way to rotate it so that keeps its current position and physical dimensions but instead acts on the y axis?

Right now I am copying and deleting the placed block, pasting it outside my ship, copying it again, rotating, checking 'match block' and pasting on top of the other block, disabling 'match block', copying the third block, zooming inside my ship, and trying to stick it where the first block was.

Possible, but a pain.

Thanks.

Hi Ancient Demise,

I think is pretty much it. In some cases you can skip the match block step by lowering stepping and grid to .01 and fiddling that way. On large ships this can be a "good enough" for internal blocks (or exterior if your ship is big enough or your not that picky). If the ship is tiny and this is an exterior block, then there is not much else you can do.

Interior blocks can also be forgiving as the engine does allow some overlap (which can also be abused). The trick is knowing what nearby block to snap the block your placing too.