"avorionserver.exe has stopped working" upon starting singleplayer universe.

Animefan162a

Greetings all, my friend recently gifted me Avorion and I've been quite enjoying it. However I've been plagued by two very frustrating problems, the second of which I'll save for another thread as it's different from the first.

The first problem I'm having is that when I attempt to start or load a singleplayer universe, the second the loading screen appears, I immediately receive the Windows error message "AvorionServer.exe has stopped working." After this message the game is stuck on the loading screen until I choose to force-close it.

System Specifications:

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67 GHz (8 CPUs) ~2.7 GHz

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Client Log: https://pastebin.com/yt60zSkp

Server Log: https://pastebin.com/bXCDKC1c

Thank you for reading.

Avorion singleplayer tries to connect to localhost, but connections seems to get blocked.

2017-07-23 18-24-01| Client UDP: Error receiving from 127.0.0.1, error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it, received bytes: 0

Maybe a firewall blocks connections? Allow connections of client and server exe. Does it work when you connect to a server?

Watch system requirements: Avorion requires Windows 7 or higher. It does not say it cant work on Viasta, but there is no official support for it. Maybe thats the reason.

I can connect to multiplayer servers just fine, I made sure to allow the client and server exes through both my AV and Firewall, I even tried disabling both of them and it still didn't work. I know my OS is as old as the Pyramids, but the vast majority of games I play can still be run.